going over on fats because of nuts/avocado

Options
Just wondering...most of the time I go over my % of fats which is set at 34. In most cases I have noticed it's because I've included nuts/seeds etc. or avocado somewhere during the day because I didn't reach my protein level. Should I reduce these and eat more chicken etc. or not pay attention to going over the % of fats because they are 'good' fats ?

Replies

• allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat, unused calories and carbs do
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    One thing that I like to do is use the GNC soy protein mix. It has like 20 grams of protein, 1.5 grams of fat and like only 8 carbs. It also other ingredients to help your muscles recover quickly. I feel so much better after and before a run if I take in this protein mix without all the fat. It also surpresses my hunger. I highly recommend it.
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My opinion: you're all good! As long as you're looking back at your diary and understand WHY you're over in your fats (i.e. all "healthy" fats), then I'm sure its okay. In fact, I find when I've eaten more of these good fats during the day I feel less hungry and it leaves less calorie room for me to eat sweets or make quick, bad choices.

If seeing red makes you worry about it, you could always adjust your percentages. I've seen a lot of people who actually bump up their fat % (knowing that they're going to be eating a lot of nuts/seeds/avocado/olive oil) and decrease their carbs %. I have mine set at 50% carb, 25% protein, 25% fat... but I keep my carbs higher because I'm currently training for a half marathon and need the fuel!
  • wishup2thestars
    Options
    Those are good fats so I wouldn't count them. Try not including them in your inputted foods for the day.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't pay attention to fats or protein - I'm ALWAYS over on both. As long as it's good fats, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now... it's because of fried chicken or fried oreos, then you can worry. :laugh: