Is Carrot and Walnut Cake Healthy?

Options
shaddowstorm
shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
Here's my recipe would like to know if its healthy or any tip on alternatives to my ingredients ?Please and Thank you.

1 Cup S.R Flour
1 Large Carrot
150g Butter
3 Eggs
3/4 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Bicarb Soda
3/4 cup Walnuts
A bit Orange Zest
A Pinch of Salt

I'm personally not a fan of icing so make it plain.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice recipe. It will be calorie dense, but it's neither healthy or unhealthy, as long as it fits your calories and macros.
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Looks good! You could substitute all or some of the butter with unsweetened applesauce, use wholewheat SR flour and reduce the sugar maybe if you're fussed about calories :)
  • Belsie1968
    Belsie1968 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    take out the brown sugar and use rice malt sugar, found in supermarkets or health shops. I would use a little less than the sugar measurement, maybe 1/2 cup plus a dollop more. The sugar in your recipe is the bad thing. The rest is fine. Unless it taste real good and you eat too much of it :p
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Belsie1968 wrote: »
    take out the brown sugar and use rice malt sugar, found in supermarkets or health shops. I would use a little less than the sugar measurement, maybe 1/2 cup plus a dollop more. The sugar in your recipe is the bad thing. The rest is fine. Unless it taste real good and you eat too much of it :p

How is sugar "the bad thing"?
  • YeehooiMama
    Options
    Don't eat the whole cake in one go and I'm sure you'll be fine ;)