I'm losing it.

Options
For 3 months I have done really well. Lost 14kg and then started to lose less two weeks ago, then put on what I lost last week at this weeks weigh in. I have so many problems at the moment, I am sleep deprived, I have no support. I diet alone, I excercise alone. When I saw family a few weeks ago, no one even noticed I had lost weight etc (I know if I put the 14kg back on they would notice and say something)

Since I have gained weight I have just eaten crap. Yesterday went over by 300 calories. Haven't excercised. Today I have eaten crap again. Havent drank enough water. The list goes on.

I need to get myself out of this hole I am digging before I pile the weight I have lost back on. I am just so sad at the moment.

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awwwww sounds like you need friends who encourage you! We're all here for you! :)
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) Do it for yourself, not anyone else. Don't look for other people to notice your weight loss, because even if they do, they probably won't say anything because they are jealous :)
  • lisapickering
    Options
    You've done so well, don't let this stop you. Tomorrow go back to the things that helped you get the first 14 off. Sleep deprivation hinders weight loss, so get more sleep, drink more water, start exercising again and start eating right. I know it's hard and it's a long process but it's worth it and you CAN do this.

As for your family -- I would guess if they didn't say anything that they are jealous. Use it as your motivation to show them how awesome you can look!

If you want to friend me, I will talk to you anytime! Don't be sad!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can do it! You're aware of a bunch of things that you can do differently tomorrow (drink more water, each less, etc.). Also, stress will totally make you hold on to weight! By the sounds of it you may have had some family-stress lately, and then add in not sleeping well (which will also affect your weight) and you may have at least part of your answer. Maybe try a new exercise, or meditation, to re-energize and/or feel a bit better/more centered!
  • fancythis
    fancythis Posts: 20
    Options
    Some people, family included, only focus on the negative, which is really unfortuante. I'm nowhere near loosing 14kg, so I envy you!

I've been in a bit of a slump lately about my whole lack of fitness/poor eating habits, and I can empathize in that regard. It sucks to be stuck in a funk.

Why don't you treat yourself to something like a manicure or a pedicure, so you feel a little better, and then re-start? Everybody has hiccups now and then, the point is that you get back on track. To err is to be human :-)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Jump back on board and start again!!! You can do it!!!!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues. My husband is very against me losing weight so when he is home, he literally will try to sabotage me by wanting to eat out all 3 days that he is home. Friend me and we can support each other if you wish. We got this!!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!!This is for YOU----not anyone else. Be selfish. This is for you and your health and a better quality of life for YOU. It doesn't matter what family says or doesn't say. I know its nice when they recognize how hard you've worked, but you don't even need that. YOU are in charge and can do this! Hang in there.
  • kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry you've hit a rough patch. But just remember why you're doing this. You're doing it for a better you. I know it's tough when you don't have the "real life" support you want.And it sucks even more when you've dropped weight, but no one seems to notice. But, you're doing an amazing job! My family is not supportive at all. Thankfully, I have the wonderful people here on MFP to get me through the tough times.

So tomorrow, remember that you're on this journey for YOU and no one else. You're on the journey to be the best person you can be. And you know what, the journey will be worth it. I know it's a bit different with friends online as it's nice to have "real life" support, but if you need a friend, please feel free to add me. I have faith in you and know you can do it! Look at what you've accomplished already. You should be SO proud of yourself.

Tomorrow is a new day, a clean slate. So when that waggon comes back around tomorrow, jump on it! :) We're all on that waggon waiting for you to return. :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    come here, get closer!!!! not close enough to the screen, SLAP!!!!
    you need to stay on track you are not doing this for others, you are doing this for yourself!
    you can do this, you've been doing great...
    I have confidence in you
  • kiki40
    kiki40 Posts: 19
    Options
    I know it's hard to look at the positive when you are feeling so sad but this is the most important time to do just that. You have lost 14kg!!!! What an accomplishment that is! Try and focus on the good things and your mood should follow. I am here if you need any support. I am going to add you right now....hang in there because this too shall pass my friend.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Dieting alone isn't fun or easy. That's why you have the entire MFP community as support. Add some MFP friends and that will help a bit. Excercising alone - add some friends at the gym or get some of your friends to go with you. A healthy lifestyle is for everyone - not just those of us who need to shed the pounds.

You are worth that healthy body...don't worry about what other people think or notice. Do this for you and your future.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    We are here for you if you remember to do as you have and share. You can do this. Lack of support is hard, but that is why you are here with us. Take one thing and do it better tomorrow. Turn on the music and dance. You are doing this for you not anyone else! Keep up the good job!
  • xcountrymom2
    xcountrymom2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I got the blahs too even earlier then you did. It is very hard to stay motivated, especially when you love food. I found that you really need to make your losing weight experience a fun thing. Make new recipes yourself using low fat food options and store them in your recipe file. Tonight we had bay scallops and tilapia with a romaine lettuce and spinach salad. I made my low fat low carb bacon dressing over mine while my husband prefers light ranch. My husband also had extra green beans. We were both able to have enough extra calories (due to exercising-that helps) to have a drink in our hot tub tonight....skinny girl margarita for me and a 110 calorie light beer for him. Life is good! Make it good...there are really so many choices out there these days to make our food and drink choices so much more exciting. Keep up the good work!
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    Sleep deprivation = BAD BAD BAD BAD for weight loss. I recently got this e-mail from my gym that explains the importance of sleep..

"Hit that snooze button and sleep in a little later. It's one of the best kept secrets to weight loss success. According to research, getting enough sleep (8 or more hours every single night) helps your body burn more fat when you're dieting.

In a study, getting less than the optimal amount of sleep each night had detrimental effects on a group of dieters. After two weeks, the dieters who had spent a mere 5.5 hours sleeping each night lost 55 percent less body fat compared with the dieters who spent 8.5 hours snoozing nightly. And here's the really big surprise: Not only did the light sleepers burn less body fat, but their weight loss efforts carved away substantially more lean body mass compared to similar efforts by the good sleepers. Not good, because muscle helps keep your metabolism fired up, so you naturally burn more calories throughout the day.

The short-duration sleepers also had higher levels of ghrelin in their system - a hormone that induces hunger. And it seems that extra ghrelin triggers an energy-starved body to retain fat and calories rather than burn them. Interestingly, both groups of dieters lost the same amount of weight, but given the difference in muscle loss and appetite hormones as well as in calorie burning, it's easy to speculate that the good sleepers are better set up for long-term weight loss success."

Don't give up! No one said this was going to be easy, but by no means is it impossible. We all have weeks where we don't lose, we all have weeks where we gain, but the ones who push through the ups and downs are the ones who will achieve their goals. I wish you the best!
  • budderfli9
    budderfli9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I honestly don' know how much 14kg is compared to pounds, didn't pay attention in school I guess! I know nobody noticed on me until about 15-20 pounds. Keep your chin up, and make each day a new day! Drink that water and get your sleep, it does matter. Celebrate your successes and try not to dwell on the bad. This is a journey, not a sprint! BTW, I go over on my calories by like 300 every day, and it doesn't seem to matter much. There are 3500 calories in a pound, so I guarantee you didn't even gain back anything from that. You could probably burn off a tenth of a pound by running to the elevator, LOL... We're here for ya!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I understand it is hard, but anything worth having is! Take a moment, breathe. You have done an AMAZING job, 14kg is the average weight of a toddler - look at that, you've lost a little person!

Focus on the basics again - getting enough sleep, eating regularly, watching portion sizes, getting some exercise etc, take it step by step and you'll be on your way again before you know it.

I agree with a previous poster - This is about YOU, it's all about YOU! Do it for yourself first and forget about what anyone else says (or doesn't say).

Hugs!
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    For 3 months I have done really well. Lost 14kg and then started to lose less two weeks ago, then put on what I lost last week at this weeks weigh in. I have so many problems at the moment, I am sleep deprived, I have no support. I diet alone, I excercise alone. When I saw family a few weeks ago, no one even noticed I had lost weight etc (I know if I put the 14kg back on they would notice and say something)

Since I have gained weight I have just eaten crap. Yesterday went over by 300 calories. Haven't excercised. Today I have eaten crap again. Havent drank enough water. The list goes on.

I need to get myself out of this hole I am digging before I pile the weight I have lost back on. I am just so sad at the moment.

What you need is a loving kick in the butt......

You are not doing this for your family..you are doing it for you.....and the best pay back is when it is all gone and they look at you and think what the...... how did you do it.....

You know you are feeling sorry for yourself and you know you are going to have to work harder...Life is not just one way all the time.. It changes just like loosing weight....So stand up brush yourself off and get going again...You don't need help you have an entire family here....you don't need anyone else doing this with you at home. it will feel sweeter when you get to where you are headed...

trust me, i know you don't know me,..but I have been where you are.......

huge hugs...
  • bluetinker31
    Options
    I feel for u as well, its so hard when you put yourself out there and no one even sees your hard work. It took a while for ppl to finally say I loss weight, at around 35lbs of loss. I have done this since Oct.'10 and I have now done as you and put myself in a stand still. I just dont know if I can get back on the treadmill and walk no wheres for hours again. I so feel your pain, I hate water now, LOL, But you know we have to get back up and we have to look forward to tomorrow. We need to tell the voice in side us that we are worth this, we can do this! We have worked so hard to get the lbs. off and we cant turn back now! You and I need to get out of the mud and remember why we started this to begin with. Its not going to be easy, we are going to fall but we have to get back up, pat the dirt off our knees and suck it up! We can over come this food addiction, the junk food that makes us so unhappy anyway! We need to stand up for our selves and do this! Dont let another day go by without fighting for u! I am here and i have more bad days then good but it works cause i get back in the game! Okay thats all the pep talk I have, LOL, I am done I hope This helps or at least stop you from eating while u read this, We are in this together, its not easy, I am doing it everyday kicking and screaming! :0)
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for replying and being encouraging. I am actually having a cry ( which is probably good as we have so many problems and I haven't been able to cry for a while) so maybe it is just what I need to get back in the right head space. As for the sleep deprivation, I have an eight month old who wakes anywhere from 3 - 8 times a night. No chance of day sleep because I have a 2 and 3.5 year old also. So that bit I just have to suck up.

Hopefully I can cry, pull myself together and get back into it. Thank you so much everyone.