Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my dang period!
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Alcohol when I go out.. and having the biggest sweet tooth! Only recently have I started accepting the fact that it's healthy to indulge every now and then and not deprive myself of these things.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    For me, it's one major thing that affects me in multiple areas....

I'm lazy lmao.

I could eat clean with no problem...but the act of getting to the grocery store, getting in the kitchen and actually cooking...it's all so much. I work hard all day and I just want to come home and be lazy and sit down. Which also means I don't want to work out. I get to the weekend and think "you should really go to the grocery store and get food to cook" and then I convince myself that I deserve to relax.

I also suffer from the boyfriend being an unhealthy eater. I have basically forced myself to not go over to his house before I cook myself dinner at my place. Otherwise, I'd have canned ravioli every day...but it's so tasty :neutral_face:
  • aevonvett
    aevonvett Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    maddyk91 wrote: »
    Over the past two years, as long as I have been seeing my boyfriend, i put on about 35lbs. I have lost 20 of them now in the past few months, but I still struggle with saying no to Chipotle and sushi....which we do one or both about 2-4 times a week....

This. I am in the same boat. I love my bf and his cooking, but I really wish not everything started with bacon and butter.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    my dang period!
    @yoovie just get pregnant....Then you won't have to worry about it for a while...

• oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looks like quite a few of us suffer from unsupportive boyfriends! lol
    After we had a heated discussion about my goals yesterday mine made a delicious veggie dinner with a few chunks of chicken thrown in, yay!!
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Alcohol - I've cut off the beer which has been the biggest offender. Weekends & stress make it really tough though.
  • shaddowstorm
    shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm lazy. I have all the time in the world to workout but don't.

Either I eat healthy one week and exercise the next I never get the two in the same week.
    Started and think I can eat whatever since I've been working out....put on 1.8kgs. Whoops

Also I love cookies and cream ice cream and salt and vinegar chips are my down fall. If I say no to ice cream I say yes to chips and visa versa.

Hope to change this from now on.
  • CleverClone
    CleverClone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm lazy. I have all the time in the world to workout but don't.

Yup, this is me as well. In addition to that I have a massive sweet tooth and have trouble with portion control (I like to feel FULL, so have trouble stopping at "no longer hungry").

In the past emotional eating (coupled with the above) was the biggest issue and the reason I ballooned up to these proportions, but thankfully I feel I've overcome this for the most part. Now I just need to work around the other stuff to lose the extra weight...
  • Chelsea89600
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    For me, it's one major thing that affects me in multiple areas....

I'm lazy lmao.

I could eat clean with no problem...but the act of getting to the grocery store, getting in the kitchen and actually cooking...it's all so much. I work hard all day and I just want to come home and be lazy and sit down. Which also means I don't want to work out. I get to the weekend and think "you should really go to the grocery store and get food to cook" and then I convince myself that I deserve to relax.

I also suffer from the boyfriend being an unhealthy eater. I have basically forced myself to not go over to his house before I cook myself dinner at my place. Otherwise, I'd have canned ravioli every day...but it's so tasty :neutral_face:

There are a lot of "clean" and healthy meal box style options, like Bistro Box. You could try sampling some of those to find some you like. It could help. I like them a lot, but always look for the ones with minimal preservatives, since frozen foods are highly processed to begin with.

It is hard having people around who have different habits. I like rich foods, but can get away from them if I have a lot of other options. My roommates are really good about clean eating, but they drink much more than me. I drink more with them (beer and wine), and it is enjoyable, but I have noticed that the alcohol is adding up, along with the extra food I eat after drinking. I really think will power is hard, but it can say alot about us since we are each responsible for our own decisions.

"Will is character in action." - William McDougall
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Eating with others can be a real problem, even if -- maybe especially if -- they are people you love. I'm lucky that my spouse is a far healthier eater, by nature, than I am, so food at home is under pretty good control. On the other hand, I have a very social job, so I have to watch the "ceremonial eating" (receptions, restaurant meals, etc.) VERY carefully. Dieting hell is other people!
  • pirate_john_75
    pirate_john_75 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a lazy mofo :P
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh my...I have so many things that cause me to be off track.
    1) I tend to be able to only have ONE goal at a time, and if that goal is not fitness related (example: when I was in school for my Masters Degree) then I tend to gain weight....quickly!
    2) TIME: Anyone else incredibly busy? How many days do I leave work at 5:00 just to RUN to get my daughter just to RUN to make dinner just to RUN to some after school event just to RUN to....you get the idea. When I am RUNNING (and not literally) everywhere everyday, the last thing I have to time or desire to do is exercising or eating healthy.
    3) The 2:30 SLUMP: It doesn't matter what I have for lunch or breakfast, I need to eat at 2:30! Especially carbs.
    4) LACK of RESULTS: This past summer, my husband and I completed the 19 out of 30 days of the Whole 30. We did NO cheating whatsoever, and you know what? My weight didn't move an inch! I was so frustrated. How can I be so dedicated to something for NOTHING?
    5) COMMITMENT ISSUES: I will be the first to admit: I have serious commitment issues with my weight loss. I get bored very easily. Most times any "diet" I do doesn't last more than 3 days--except for my 19 day Whole 30--which I was pretty darn proud until I celebrated with Burger King and ice cream.
    So I think that's it....anybody else with me here??