Who is a dermatologist or opinions?

Options
Okay so early today, I have a small dent on the side of my face? And two days ago it wasn't thete. I don't have acne problem and I barely get pimples. Any ideas on how to treat it or what caused it?

Replies

• OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    More details please.
  • asianchicca1
    Options
    More details please.
    Okay well on Friday I didn't have a small dent on the side of my face. And on Saturday I got up and my mom told me I had something on my face. I don't know how it got there. I don't have any acne so it can't be an acne scar. I'll post a picture but idk of u can see it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Can you see a doctor? I would. No idea what it is though... just my opinion.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to sleep on something?
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Maybe you slept on top of something? I'd see how it goes for the day and if it doesn't disappear by Sunday and you're fussed then maybe go see your GP?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If it's only there one day it's as said above you probably just slept on something but if it's still there after two days then get it checked out.
  • PleasantDisarray
    PleasantDisarray Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Okay, I would like to disclaim that I'm definitely not a doctor, just a medical student. So this is definitely not adequate medical advice. But the only thing I could think of to match might be a pilomatricoma - a benign skin lesion that most frequently occurs on the head, neck, or arms. They are typically firm to the touch, and may lead to the "teeter-totter sign" where the elevation of one side of the lesion leads to the sinking of the other side. Usually you'll see the elevated side on the skin, but sometimes the sunken side appears instead - as in this picture .

Even if this was a pilomatricoma, they are usually cut out so they don't grow, and because they aren't cosmetically pleasing. So if it doesn't go away soon, please go see your doctor!
  • asianchicca1
    Options
    Maybe you slept on top of something? I'd see how it goes for the day and if it doesn't disappear by Sunday and you're fussed then maybe go see your GP?
    Did you happen to sleep on something?
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Can you see a doctor? I would. No idea what it is though... just my opinion.

Okay thank you and as far as I know, I slept on my pillow. I know I took out my earrings on Friday then slept so.. Sometimes I put my hand under my face and sleep. Maybe I somehow pressured my face on my nails? But I hope it does disappear. My dad said that face tissues will grow back and not to worry but I think this is a different case. If it doesn't disappear within a month I'll call a professional dermatologist. Thanks! (:
  • asianchicca1
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    If it's only there one day it's as said above you probably just slept on something but if it's still there after two days then get it checked out.
    Alright, thank you. I will if it doesn't go away.
    &&
    Okay, I would like to disclaim that I'm definitely not a doctor, just a medical student. So this is definitely not adequate medical advice. But the only thing I could think of to match might be a pilomatricoma - a benign skin lesion that most frequently occurs on the head, neck, or arms. They are typically firm to the touch, and may lead to the "teeter-totter sign" where the elevation of one side of the lesion leads to the sinking of the other side. Usually you'll see the elevated side on the skin, but sometimes the sunken side appears instead - as in this picture .

Even if this was a pilomatricoma, they are usually cut out so they don't grow, and because they aren't cosmetically pleasing. So if it doesn't go away soon, please go see your doctor!
    This may be a possibility, I'll research more about it, thank you!:)