Women who eat 2000 calories a day...

Options
I am looking for women who actually eat 2000 calories a day! Recently, I have recovered from an eating disorder and am used to eating this amount daily...I find it nearly impossible to eat less than 2000 calories, and find myself quite hungry if I fall short! I exercise regularly and eat healthily 70% of the time...I probably am aiming for health more than weight loss.

I would love to have some friends who eat a similar amount, especially females! I have tried trawling through the site and I am quite shocked by how little some people eat...even though I know everybody's bodies are different. So, yeah, if there are females who eat out there I would love to get to know you and hear about your experiences. Have you gained weight, lost weight, do you feel better overall? This site makes me feel very panicky about eating 2000 calories a day!

Replies

• Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I consistently eat between 1800-2000+ every day and last week I lost 2.6 lbs. ... I am on my feet most of the day, however (I work with students), and so that's likely the reason I can eat that much and lose.

I'm glad that you're recovering, and it sounds like you have the right mindset and activity level to hit those target calories. I enjoy food too much to drastically cut my calories ~ as long as I feel healthier and the scale moves slowly downward, I'm happy! :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I do! My goal has been set at 2000 cals a day for over two years now. I reached goal weight about two and a half years ago and I've pretty much maintained since then. I aim for 1800-2000 a day, depending on the day's activities.

Current goal is to continue to lower body fat percentage bit by bit, and to stay fit, strong and healthy with regular exercise (weights and some cardio). My diary is open, feel free to check it out if you want - although there are some recent gaps and quick added cals, which are rare for me, but I have been very busy and doing some traveling the past few weeks, so made some exceptions to my regular, mostly accurate logging! :p
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2000 calories per day. I am also more focused on health than weight, although I have happily lost a few pounds eating this much. Feel free to add me and check out my diary! Good luck with your recovery.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1800 to 2000 kcal a day to lose a few kilos (slowly). I've started to lift weights in July so my goal has shifted from weight loss to losing fat, gaining strength and overall badassery :blush:
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Another 1800-2000 calorie a day person. I am losing--slowly, which is fine with me. I exercise quite a bit, and if I don't eat enough I run out of energy.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I do. I've consistently eaten between 1700-2200 the past 3 years. I lift heavy 3x week as my primary fitness. I'm continuing to work on body recomp.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Also have an ED history here. I eat from 1800 - 2800 calories or so, depending on my daily exercise. I am trying to lose a little weight, but not much, and being tall, I do not tend to go lower than 1800 a day. Feel free to add. There are a lot on here eating 2000 + a day, you just need to learn to filter out those who are eating the more traditional 'weight loss' calorie amounts or find people who are in maintenance.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do! I run a lot, so I'm usually eating between 1800-2100 cals a day. Like you, I'm also focusing on health rather than weight loss. I would constantly be hungry and I would not be able to function if I was eating less than 1500 calories a day.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I can't function properly if I go below around 1700, and most days I eat around 2000. Im also in recovery so I try to focus on health and fitness. Being overly restrictive is just as dangerous for me as binging.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm 5'3" and 112 pounds. Unless I'm really inactive on a particular day, I'm losing half a pound per week on 1900 to 2300 calories per day, usually 2000+.
  • rachelwilliams355
    rachelwilliams355 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me !! I'm still trying to find the right calorie intake but I typically eat about 2000 sometimes over, but never lower than 1700 and i lost 1.1 pounds this week ! I tried to eat the 1700 but found myself way too hungry! I too and so surprised by how little some people eat. However I do tend to subconsciously over estimate calorie jntake and underestimate my calories burned. But I'm on my feet 4 days a week at work at a hospital as a nursing assistant and lift twice a week. Occasionally Ill add in a run once a week and/or in an extra strength train day, or will hike if weathers nice... So I don't think I could get by eatif any less than I do. I'm trying just make nutrient meals that are filling but less calories, and also to cut out the useless snacks.. Like whe co workers bring in munchkins or the 4 drunk pizza slices
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Runcakes wrote: »
    I do! I run a lot, so I'm usually eating between 1800-2100 cals a day. Like you, I'm also focusing on health rather than weight loss. I would constantly be hungry and I would not be able to function if I was eating less than 1500 calories a day.

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? I also run and do a variety of exercises but have lost weight. Down from 168 to 145 but would still like to get down to 135-140. I am 5'6. Just wondering if I'm eating too low at 1200 calories a day. I feel tired and grumpy a lot lol. I had eaten at this calorie deficit to lose 21 lbs but now thinking I should increase my calories.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    joobey wrote: »

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? I also run and do a variety of exercises but have lost weight. Down from 168 to 145 but would still like to get down to 135-140. I am 5'6. Just wondering if I'm eating too low at 1200 calories a day. I feel tired and grumpy a lot lol. I had eaten at this calorie deficit to lose 21 lbs but now thinking I should increase my calories.

I'm 5'7" and 140, and I would be miserable on 1200. According to my Fitbit, which seems to be pretty accurate for me, my maintenance is 2200-2300 (8-10k steps of walking most days, plus 20-30 miles of running most weeks).
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Hi Howsheheals,

I eat around 2,000 calories most days. 48 years old, 5'9" maintaining 135 for now.

Also recovered from eating disorder, 25 years now and guess what? Nothing blew up :) My lowest weight was near 90, lowest healthy weight 123, highest non pregnant close to 150 after 4th baby, and I settle around 130 most of the time.

Why are you scared of 2,000? Do you think it will make you get too big? Or are you worried it's not enough? Talk to your doctor if you are really anxious about it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000 calories a day a lot....but it's because I'm over my calorie goal alot. lol. I'm only 5'3" and I sit in a desk all day. My actual TDEE without exercise is only 1900 or so....My daily limit is set at 1440, but I eat all my exercise calories, usually putting me around 1700 for the day.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm typically closer to 1600, just due to satiety. However, I do hit around 2000 total (not net) when I work out. 1800 is my comfy place.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I eat average of 2200 cals (I'm 5ft 2/46 yrs ). Some days I'll have 1800 and others 2300...it all balances out. Ice maintained my weight loss goal for 3 years.

I no longer log my food, I don't have to :smiley: maintenance is a breeze because I'm so active/fit :smile:
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    ekat120 wrote: »
    joobey wrote: »

I'm 5'7" and 140, and I would be miserable on 1200. According to my Fitbit, which seems to be pretty accurate for me, my maintenance is 2200-2300 (8-10k steps of walking most days, plus 20-30 miles of running most weeks).

So you're where you want to be right? I'm just wondering if when I get to where I want to be, if when I eat at maintenance which is more calories, if I will feel satisfied or is it hard sticking to that amount? I think my maintenance will be around 1800.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1,750ish to 2,000+ calories per day. 5'2.5'/66 years old on maintenance at 127 lbs. I've lost 52 lbs. total. I'm most comfortable around 1,800 - 1,875ish per day; over that amount I start to feel really full. I use a Fitbit to determine calorie burn and average 25,000 steps per day -- this includes my gym works outs 4Xs per week of lifting & cardio. Online calculators guesstimate my TDEE around 1,850ish so they seem to be pretty accurate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, age 41, and currently maintaining my 30 lb loss with a TDEE of 2200 according to my FitBit
    My calorie goal on MFP is still set at 1750, but I eat back all my exercise calorie adjustments. I probably average 1900-2100 most days, I leave a little bit of a buffer for weekend indulgences and to account for logging inaccuracy.

There are a lot of people on MFP who set too aggressive of weight loss goals, selecting 2lbs/week rate of loss, and end up with a calorie goal of 1200. Many people get in a hurry to lose, so they are looking for the fastest possible loss. Additionally, others don't seem to understand the importance of maintaining a moderate deficit to preserve lean body mass, so they don't understand the "net" goal that MFP uses and that they should be eating back exercise calories.

I often chime into threads about calorie goals and suggest that MOST people can lose weight eating more than 1200 cals. It is not always well received though... people cling to that 1200 cal level like a safety blanket for some reason.

I also wish I could remember who coined this phrase so I could tag them, but there is a MFP Veteran who says, "the winner is the person who eats the most food and still loses weight". I have tried to follow that philosophy throughout my 3 year tenure here, and it has served me well as I achieved my goals and never felt deprived at all during the process.