• w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    iqgg7b.jpg

Judge Dredd disagrees
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm judging everybody who commented on this thread... which now includes me... crap.
  • radimage
    Options
    wheird wrote: »
    I think you've been out of high school for a VERY long time.

You must be a Rocket Scientist.
  • 39plus
    39plus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I DO judge people, but normally it's based on how they are putting themselves out there, or what they may have said. It's certainly not a negative thing, just reality.
    Example: In the July/August issue of Shape (Jillian Michaels on cover) the last page (Fit & Famous) features Venus Williams. She quotes "I spend about 4 hours a day exercising..." and also quotes "I like to drink my meals..."
    My judgment on this: If I spent 4 hours a day exercising, drank my meals, and didn't have a "real" job to go to Monday thru Friday...I would probably look like that as well.
    Nothing negative, just a fact.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    Because adults - not only children - can be immature too.

immature_zps0fe46843.jpg
    Sorry couldn't resist.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Cute! A mean people thread.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    radimage wrote: »
    What is this obsession with judging others? I think we've all been out of high school for a while.

Aren't we here to support each other?

no.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Why did OP resurrect his own thread after more than a month of inactivity?
    I wondered, judgmentally.

Maybe it took him awhile to think of a comeback?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

Maybe! I usually come up with my best retorts and one liners long after the actual event.

Me, too
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

Maybe! I usually come up with my best retorts and one liners long after the actual event.

LOL

• Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    +1
    Everyone judges. Even if you don't think you do, you're probably doing it a lot more often than you think.

This is why I wear sunglasses. No one can tell. B)
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    What’s the difference?

Discernment may seem like judgment, but the difference between these two approaches to life is significant. The dictionary definitions of the two terms shed some light.

Judgment: “an opinion or estimate, criticism or censure, power of comparing or deciding”. Judgment implies a power differential – I perceive myself to have power over you when I judge you (for example, “you’re a loser!”). Judgment feeds the ego’s deception of being better (or worse) than someone or something else. Judgment assumes that the person judging has the power and right to determine what is good or bad in general, not just from their point of view. It usually comes from a reactive place inside of us, like a knee-jerk when the doctor strikes the mallet on that joint – it’s unconscious.

Discernment, however, is a more personal and conscious approach. It’s the cognitive ability of a person to distinguish what is appropriate or inappropriate. With discernment we make good choices for ourselves, and for the good of others. Webster’s dictionary says that to discern is to “separate (a thing) mentally from another or others; recognize as separate or different” and “to perceive or recognize; make out clearly”. Discernment is described as “keen perception; insight; acumen”.

Sorry, I have no link for this article. Snagged it from a Yoga piece on Viveka. :)

• drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Seek first to understand and then be understood. Most of the people I have met here have been great, but a few could use a lesson in tact, diplomacy, and the use of a filter.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE judges. It's as natural as breathing.

THIS
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    radimage wrote: »
    What is this obsession with judging others? I think we've all been out of high school for a while.

Aren't we here to support each other?

If working for the government has taught me anything - it's how to judge others. We're better at it than the mean girls at your high school with a list of all your weak spots.

But seriously, we all judge. Most of us have the good sense to keep it to ourselves because really, who gives a *kitten* otherwise?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm judging you for judging me for judging.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Making judgments isn't necessarily a bad thing. We judge whether or not it's safe to cross a street, etc. We can judge someones actions and decide whether it is healthy to be part of their lives, but not the worth of the person who made them.
    Stop judging judgment, dude.