2»

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the skin was on.
  • leevank
    Options
    Were these regular chicken breasts, or the boneless kind. If they were regular chicken breasts, when you weighed them, did you weigh the entire breast, or just the edible part? If you weighed the entire breast, you consumed a lot less than 24 ounces of chicken. I don't think I've ever seen a chicken breast with 12 ounces of edible meat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes the scale is an eye opener for sure. You would probably have a surprise if you weighed your rice and beans properly too... (in my experience the MFP entries for cooked rice are like 30% off).
  • amjmom
    amjmom Posts: 32
    Options
    My doctor told me that the protein on here should be the minimum not the max.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I just ate a mammoth chicken breast and it was 6oz of meat after it was all picked off the bone. It was humongous. Unless you ate a pterodactyl breast, I think maybe something is a little off.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest changes we made when starting out was splitting a chicken breast instead of one each! Those things are HUUUGE!

*cue the jokes about large breasts*
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yep.. 4 oz is not much! Almost any store bought chicken breast is going to be much bigger (unless we're talking Cornish hen). That's why you hear the mantra weigh everything!
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep. Having a food scale is an essential part of weight loss.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it , its better than eating a bunch of greasy pizza or carls jr. I've been on a trip down south for the last few days and this morning at the hotel for breakfast I must of had a pound of scrambled eggs and a bannana but I knew it was better in the long run then having the belgian waffles with butter and syrup..
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    24 oz of prime rib sure, but chicken breast, nope couldn't do it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That is a huge chicken breast... I can't imagine eating that much meat and not understanding that it would be at least 800 calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the problem....
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    When I first started weighing things I remember how surprised I was too by how much smaller a serving size was than I thought. Pasta surprised me the most.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »
    You learned something today. That was good.
    What did they learn?
    Seems fine to me OP. What are you worried about?

They learned that breasts must be had in pairs.

One is too few.
    Three is right out.
    Four is winning.
  • cece5300
    Options
    Ugh, 4oz is so small. I couldn't believe how much chicken I used to eat when I started weighing my food. I love chicken mmmmm!

I domt weigh rice and beans though. I go by the serving on the packages. I figure everything is roughly 20% off and it'll never be 100% accurate but I've lost weight so far so it works for me.

The one thing I weigh is meat. I've never seen a 12oz chicken breast though! Usually the ones we buy from the store are like 8oz
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    That's all.....??
    That sounds about what my lunch looks like.....

134 gr of protein is just getting started for me. :D
  • CoolBeans520
    Options
    As long as your meeting your macros and below your calorie intake for the day.
    It sounds good! I've had all my calories & protein(204g) in one meal before and
    felt fine. Your body is smart and adapts.