confused soup

2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You are not comparing like with like for goodness sake. If I put half the amount of ingredients in one batch as another I can still call them both soup. I can alos put loads of rubbish in there and use lower quality ingredients.

I can then add 10x as much water to get you even more value for money.
  • annmlp75
    annmlp75 Posts: 8 Member
    just used recipe biulder as well for it thanks jennidaisy, when new to something all confusing. just like to make sure doing it correct thanks for your feedback. Wil be much easier using recipe builder as can work on serving 5 for family meals xx:)
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    annmlp75 wrote: »
    just used recipe biulder as well for it thanks jennidaisy, when new to something all confusing. just like to make sure doing it correct thanks for your feedback. Wil be much easier using recipe builder as can work on serving 5 for family meals xx:)

The important thing is to use database entries without the '*' and to use brand names where possible, always weigh stuff raw and if your unsure about an entry a lot of brands have their nutritional information online.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    did you re-weigh once cooked with the water?

and work out calories per portion
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,225 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    did you re-weigh once cooked with the water?

and work out calories per portion

What I do with home made soups is weigh all raw ingredients and then add things like stock cubes, sour cream etc from bar codes - I enter it all via recipe builder and then weigh finished product and divide by 100 to get 100 g servings.

so, for example, if the finished product is 2800g I call it 28 x 100 g servings.

Then weigh each serving as I serve it up, put bowl on scales, tare, add soup - and call it that many servings - ie 400g would be 4 serves.

That way it doesnt matter if you use different bowls, take some to work in a thermos etc - esay to work out amount each time.

OP if you are getting around 2oo ish calories for a standard bowl size of vegetable soup, that sounds about right to me.