No more motivation :/

Options
So I started out all great, super excited and ready to work out all the time and change my lifestyle. I lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks and I was SO happy! But, I have a bingeing disorder. And I let that take a hold of me. And now I've gotten back my 3 pounds and I feel like such a failure.

Replies

• yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel bad. I can't tell you how many times I have done this over and over again since I have been on MFP. I lost almost 20lbs and was excited, got sick and never got back into the swing of things. I have been at a steady weight and now have lost 4lbs and that is after coming back from vacation. You can do this. You need some motivation and the support of your friends on here.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It's more productive, I think, to think about changing your lifestyle to be healthier, and let weight loss be a consequence of that. If you're excessively focused on the scale, it's easier to become discouraged. I'd recommend getting a copy of Dr. Yoni Freedhoff's The Diet Fix from your library (ask them to order if if they don't have it). It's one of the two or three best "diet" books I've read, because it's not about dieting in the traditional sense, but rather, about making healthy changes to your lifestyle.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yowla wrote: »
    Please don't feel bad. I can't tell you how many times I have done this over and over again since I have been on MFP. I lost almost 20lbs and was excited, got sick and never got back into the swing of things. I have been at a steady weight and now have lost 4lbs and that is after coming back from vacation. You can do this. You need some motivation and the support of your friends on here.

Thank you. I think I need to make more friends on here :/