One month at MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Hey, I thought I would update since it's been another 30 days. Still going strong... now down to 228, which means I hit my first goal to be under 230! I've loosened up my eating a bit, but continue not to have any issues with binge eating. I am finding this eating style very sustainable and flexible. I even ate out at Cheesecake Factory last night and had dinner and some cheesecake for about 500 kcals.

I've started strength training about 2x/week and already feeling stronger. Participated in a weekend-long dance event with workshops all day and dancing at night. My mood is up and my sleep seems to be improved. Still eating too much sodium, staying up too late, and spending too much time online and watching TV, but starting to be more confident that I'll be able to tackle these issues (eventually). Regarding the fatigue, it has been better the last week. I'm working with my new doctor to figure out what is going on and should know more on Thursday.
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ;) Doing the happy dance with you. Great Job. Keep up the great work!!!
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS...consistency is key!! Keep it up - you're doing great!
  • Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing your victories! I am 46 days in and am experiencing similar results. For the first time in a long time, I was able to dance for hours. I am walking every day. And yesterday I pulled out my bike, dusted it off, and have been on 3 little bike rides already. Life is opening up! Keep us posted on your progress, ok? :-)
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Happy dance!! :D So great all these NSVs, and how quickly they can come. Eat wisely and move, what a concept :wink:
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're taking stock in your health and well being...GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like you're also aware of what your putting in your body and I think that's where your fatigue is coming from. You should feel good and energized, not drained, so try out some strategies with your food....for example, I make sure I eat the same time every day, and keep my bigger meals for breakfast and lunch. When I mix those things up, I tend to feel different...could be sluggish or too full later in the day. I've noticed that on nights when I have a glass of wine or drink any alcohol, the next morning I feel it...even if it's just ONE glass. I can tell that it made me dehydrated and that I lack the energy I want for a morning run or walk. I don't know what you're daily meals are like, but I try to pack my meals for each day the night before. I take account of what protein or veggies or sugar I'm consuming for the day, and if I think I'll need something else, then I'll add in an apple or some extra veggies or nuts. Basically...do some planning and see if how you're eating makes you feel better or the same. Then adjust accordingly. You got this!!
  • rach3649
    Options
    I'm glad you made the changes before you had those issues. 6 weeks ago I had a TIA and landed myself in hospital surrounded by people twice my age, you see I too am 35. I lost all feeling down my right side and was in a very bad way on a train with my two children when it all went down.

Keep plugging on. Iv read its a bunch of small changes over a period of time that end up working and are maintainable long term. By that advice I think you can conquer all those hurdles and be a success if you just keeping on going.

I wish you all the best!
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Hi Rach, that sounds so scary, how are you doing now?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    It is a process in which you grow stronger and make adjustments naturally..not forced. That seems to be the path you are on..and that is great. As you keep going…other positive changes will happen without you making a huge effort. Good luck in getting healthy! You could't be off to a better start. :)
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's been great seeing your posts as one of your friends and I'm so happy to see your success! I'm in much the same boat and I started here in May and have seen so much improvement. MFP is great and so are you! Keep it up and I'll look forward to more of your updates :)
  • trishpsl
    trishpsl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...Keep up the good work :)
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and stay focused. It is freeing to know food is not the enemy and we can enjoy our food on this weight loss journey.
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough fat. Too many carbs/sugars and you can hit the wall after eating. I switched to a low carb, medium protein, high fat diet and I don't have that fatigue anymore and am losing weight. I watch calories, fat, protein, carbs and calcium in my diet. Oh, by the way, fat does not make you fat! There is much information out there.
  • girlviernes
    Options
    It is a process in which you grow stronger and make adjustments naturally..not forced. That seems to be the path you are on..and that is great. As you keep going…other positive changes will happen without you making a huge effort. Good luck in getting healthy! You could't be off to a better start. :)

Thanks! I do feel that is the path I'm on. I have a very good foundation with some room to grow of course. The biggest hurdle to getting my health where I want it right now is the sleep. Hopefully the more healthy I become in other ways, the less willing I will be to sabotage myself by staying up too late :)

• girlviernes
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's been great seeing your posts as one of your friends and I'm so happy to see your success! I'm in much the same boat and I started here in May and have seen so much improvement. MFP is great and so are you! Keep it up and I'll look forward to more of your updates :)

Thanks!! I'm so glad that you are doing so well too! It's so fab to be able to share these successes, makes all the difference :)

• girlviernes
    Options
    Thanks, trish and zbuffbod. Deb- I get a lot of fat in my diet, that is another thing that I think has helped a lot with binge eating! I'm not low carb but I try to limit it to about 150g/day although I'm not strict on that. I may go lower depending on what my endocrinologist recommends when I meet with her.
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    so well stated! Thanks for the support along the way :) good job on your focus and loss!
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Update #3 in celebration of 90 days here. Still very happy with my progress. My goal for the next 90 days is to continue what I've been doing and make significant improvements in my sleep. I've got some progress pictures.

These are me at my highest weight (256 lbs):

nvg9emna004y.jpg

5ej7fu8o0m0a.jpg

6tx14vl0257c.jpg

Here is in August not long before joining MFP (I had started to lose some weight on my own):

8yc709w5nkcp.jpg

Here is September (a couple of weeks into MFP):
    4zsusduumq2r.jpg

lr9o1ug7xr8l.jpg

October:
    ta5vc2vsuoiq.jpg

ffwki0fr0381.jpg

November (221 lbs):

[img]http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/mfp- en.vanillaforums.com/editor/hd/rzr3j9xb8qri.jpg[/img]

fk5y9w4j58ps.jpg

de73btkxdtyl.jpg

n5xtk2gi02bc.jpg

• girlviernes
    Options
    It's interesting to look back at this thread. I've kept on trucking, now it's been 180 days at MFP. Still have a ways to go, but in this for life and the journey is (mostly) very rewarding. I'm now down about 50 lbs/20% of my starting weight and about 3 dress sizes.

jurjcso1sr6n.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your continued success! Stay with it. I've been maintaining at goal here on MFP for almost 4 years now, with no plans to stop, so I know YOU can do it, too! (*)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!