Looking for filling, low sugar snacks!

e1lindsay
e1lindsay Posts: 230
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I need some ideas on snacks that i can eat that are low in calories and sugar...i tend to eat a lot of fruit (bananas, particularly) which hog up a lot of calories and aren't really THAT filling...i'm looking for foods that will keep me feeling more full in between meals...

Replies

• ebgster
    ebgster Posts: 18 Member
    I like RyVita crackers with Light Laughing Cow cheese, garlic hummus with veggies or rice crackers, and a blend of cashews, almonds, peanuts and raisins.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    I am also interested in this!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Me too!
  • cold edamame and grapes (green or red) - sounds weird but it's completely delicious!!
  • A whole dill pickle is only like 10 calories
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    almonds, vitatops, hummus and green beans.
  • mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    eat foods rich in fiber - they are filling with good calories too. if you like fruits - apples are great and filling because of all the fiber in them. also try green veggies like broccoli or even cauliflower with dips. hope this helps!
  • I think oatmeal with splenda is a very filling snack, just eat 1/4 c in the morning and afternoon with some lean protein like turkey, fish, chicken! I am only eating 1 fruit in the morning because of all the sugar. I have been on the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge for 20 days and have lost 15 lbs. I even went 5-6 days without losing weight!
  • e1lindsay
    i forgot to mention that i can't eat almonds...but i'm interested to know what those Ry-Vyte crackers are?
  • e1lindsay
    also, what is edamame?
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    I used to do pickles but the sodium is horrible for water retention. Oatmeal with some blueberries and truvia is great. I use unsweetened almond milk to make it instead of water. 2 minutes in the microwave is about right. Your microwave may vary.
  • Edamame is the most amazing thing ever :D They're green soybeans that have this really nice nutty taste to them. You can buy them frozen and unshelled at most grocery stores. I love mixing them with fruit as a snack or having them in a salad with peas and cucumbers. Edamame is really low fat and unbelievably high in protein, not to mention really tasty.
  • ebgster
    ebgster Posts: 18 Member
    I just bought some today at Good Earth. They are rye crackers with a thick and pleasing texture. I like the sesame flavor. They only have like three ingredients in them and they kept me full between meals.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    also, what is edamame?

Soy beans. Most of the time they come in shells (look like pea pods), but sometimes they are shelled for you. I LOVE them. I get frozen 90 calorie packs that you can throw in the microwave for 3 minutes and they are done.

Another snack idea that is yummy are the sugar-free jello mousse desserts. Super yummy, but don't eat too many since they have splenda in them which isn't good for you.

I also love Shrimp. I buy the frozen already cooked kind. Heat up a pan of water, throw them in for a minute and they are done. only 3-10 calories per shrimp (depends on size). Filling and low cal.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    I also love those mini sweet peppers... I roast them in the toaster oven for a few minutes and they get even sweeter.

Oh yes, and the light string cheese sticks. Very filling and only 60 calories.

Also like to put salsa and shredded lettuce.
This discussion has been closed.