How much do you have to lose?

Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Simple question. How much do you have to lose. And does it take you to a healthy BMI or not?

I started at 116 and I have 85.5 left. I am actually going to still be overweight by my BMI when I am done but I am starting to wonder if thats actually important

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    my personal "goal" is 195-199lbs which puts me into overweight. At that point i will shift my focus on strength training.

My starting BMI was 60.2
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    35 lb, more or less. 4 down so far. I am right on the border of obese now so I want to at least be on the border of normal instead.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    CW = 169, which is overweight by BMI (27). I want to lose 24 more lbs., which would put me in the healthy BMI range (23).
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    SW = 265
    CW = 254
    GW = 150

Long way to go, but I know I'm up for the challenge!!!!
  • wintoolose34
    wintoolose34 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW-239
    CW-228
    GW-125

Which is on the border of healthy BMI and just about over weight..
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My SW was 273 I'm currently about 258. My GW is 150 to start and ill see how I feel once I'm there!! So I've got 108 lbs to lose. Right now I'm considered morbidly obese but at 150 ill still be considered overweight.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    SW: 215 (this time around; at my heaviest I was about 225).
    CW: 154
    GW: 150

My goal, though, is a moving target. Right now I'm more focused on fitness and body fat percentage; I'm eating at a small deficit (150-250 calories a day) to try to lose a little more fat, but very slowly, and focusing on all-around exercise.
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    SW: 229
    CW: 168
    GW: 145

That puts me just inside a healthy BMI. I plan to re-evaluate when I get there and decide if I want to lose more or just concentrate on lowering my BF%.
  • seemyfeetsoon
    Options
    I'm trying like hell to lose 10 more pounds which isn't even my actual long term goal weight. I'd like to lose 20. But for the time being, I realize having lost the first 50 was easier than losing the last 20 is going to be, so I'll give myself a year to get the rest off.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 and 138 lbs. Just at bmi 25 now. Hope to get to 122 which would be a bmi of 21. Want to be fit as well as losing weight.
  • Strikingly_Jackie
    Strikingly_Jackie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SW: 252
    CW: 164.5

short term goal is 145, which would put me at the top range of healthy BMI. I will have a new goal once I get there though.

BMI is just one measure of your health. :)
  • Superbuddhapunk
    Superbuddhapunk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have nothing to lose ;)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I started at 270, currently 239.5 aiming for 154. That will make me a stone over healthy BMI but is a weight that suits me
  • flightybird
    flightybird Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    To get to my UGW, I have to lose 134.4 pounds total. Of course, that's if I'm not happier with my weight/health before I make it all the way there. Only time will tell!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    34 down, 12 to go. That will take me to the lower end of the healthy BMI.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    SW 313#
    CW 169.6#
    GW 140#

At my GW, I'll still be overweight. I picked a number on the high end of the BMI chart for being 5'2" (I lost an inch. Now 5'1" Q.Q). Even if I do get down to a "healthy" weight, I sure won't look it. :p
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I started with 130lbs to lose. I have 47.6lbs left. That will put me in the middle of the healthy BMI range.
  • celtic_thistle
    celtic_thistle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started at 215, down 32, want to be 160. I'll be in a healthy BMI range at 164 but I want to lose more than that. At 160 I may decide to go down to 150 or so. We'll see. I've slowed down lately and it's frustrating, so I'm reevaluating everything.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    SW: 318
    CW: 215
    GW: was originally 218 but since I've hit that I'm going to try to lose another 20lbs and then evaluate from there. I'm still "overweight" by BMI standards, and I just don't feel like I'm "there" yet if you know what I mean? Starting in the new year with more weight training as well to try and start re-shaping but for now I want to get the weight off.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    25 down and about 50 more to go (yikes!)