43 lbs lost.....

Options
I am frustrated. I have lost 43 lbs out of a total of 72 that I needed to lose. I still have major flab and feel like a fatty. Is it possible that all that 43 lbs is just water???

Replies

• Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Not possible. Start using weights, and they will help tone your muscles. Toning will cut down on your 'major flab' and before you know it, you will look and feel better. You don't need much weight either, and no, you will not look like a weight lifter if you do it judiciously.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You need to build some muscle if you want to look toned... Don't be afraid... you won't look beefy or anything. It helps your metabolism and makes you firm and sexy!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had gone to bodybuilding.com and was actually excited to read about lifting heavier weights... I have been doing some... I have a TON of flab around the mid section though and it seems to fluctuate almost daily.... I will do more weights and crunches then???
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have been doing TurboFire and amazed at how my body is transforming. I still have a ways to go and 16 more lbs to lose.
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Also... I have like 30 lbs left to lose, I am only 5' tall which makes a huge difference... can't get out of size 12 petite jeans..... had a herd of kids... tummy section is pretty well taken the brunt of everything... also... should I put a weight on my chest when doing crunches???
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    You need to build some muscle if you want to look toned... Don't be afraid... you won't look beefy or anything. It helps your metabolism and makes you firm and sexy!

My upper arms have always been big.. even as a kid... do you think it will just firm up the same size as they are, or will it reduce them??? I WISH I could get them toned and defined and smaller!!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Fat cells are like balloons. The fuller they are, the firmer they appear. Now that you have lost weight, they have shrunk down and are not pressing against your skin as firmly as before. The 'flab' you are noticing is probably shrunk fat cells. It will take a little time to get your connective tissue and skin to shrink too, but it should. Weight loss usually occurs from your entire body, so as you loose, you should see some change in your arms, although genetics play a part in shape. Toning will reshape you a bit, and may get your arms close or even to the shape you want.
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Thanks for posting Tig and for clarifying about fat cells... I don't know what to do... I think there is more fat than skin... I don't think they will shrink anymore then.. This is terrible.... Anyone else who has thoughts on this please post because I am checking it. Thanks!