Lost fat but gained it fast?

Options
Hi, just met my fat loss goals beginning of sept. And in the past 3 weeks gained much fat. Calorie intake and exercise the same no change so why the gain? I am a bit more active during the day but not much. I feel like I should increase calories but at this point I don't want to jeopardize the already gained weight into more weight gain. Help? Anyone have similar experience? It's frustrating cause I was at my goal size only for about a month.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Define "much." If you truly haven't changed your calorie intake and it's only a few pounds, it's probably water weight.
  • resistsweets
    Options
    About 3 inches around each thigh
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    3 inches on each thigh is a lot. It took me nearly 20 pounds to lose an inch on each of mine. I highly doubt that you gained that much fat in 4 or 6 weeks if you really haven't changed your eating or exercise habits. If it's not fat then by process of elimination it must be water retention. I know that I, for one, can retain a lot of water. I gained 18 pounds of it when I was in the hospital for 3 days to have my appendix removed. I didn't measure my thighs but they were definitely bigger, as were my ankles.

Have you gained a similar amount of weight?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You probably were measuring in a different part than before. Measurements can be very off depending on where you measure.
  • resistsweets
    Options
    Measured at the fattest part because I have saddlebags and they're easy to spot and always the biggest
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Measured at the fattest part because I have saddlebags and they're easy to spot and always the biggest

It is still very unlikely that you would gain three additional inches of fat in three weeks.
  • annabuchholz
    Options
    Update: don't know still whether it was fat or water retention but i drowned myself in fluids and teas and also upped my calories by 100 a day and now I'm back to my size.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you lost it again that quickly, it was definitely water. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I read this as "lost fat butt"
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Water retention