50lbs to lose by my 40th birthday!

Options
Hey everyone I'm a newbie and would love to share my journey with someone in a similar situation.
I have just let life get out of control - without boring you all to death it has been a really tough year and I'm just starting to feel a little better and would like to look fabulous for my 40th next April!
x

Replies

• lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Depending on the total weight you need to lose, then 50lbs is doable, but a very tall order - 50lbs in 6 months means losing 2lbs a week, every week and 2lbs a week will get harder to lose as you get closer to your goal. 1lb a week is much more acheivable, but there will be natural ups/downs and plataeus as well!
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey just take it one step at a time - welcome!
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thankyou both - lisiloulah - I see you have lost 50lbs that's fantastic!
    - How long did it take you and what exercise are you doing at the moment?
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's very doable but it requires determination. You also need support because that makes it so much easier. I started in January and was in horrible shape. I weighed 341, was on meds for high blood pressure and hypertension, cholesterol, and pre-diabetic. With the support of my wife and friends I have lost 110 pounds and am still going. If you want to chat about my journey, get advice, need support, and or motivation feel free to add me. I'm Steve by the way.