Big NSV for me

Options
misskimlilac
misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
NSV! After trying to run my first 5k on Saturday, and mind you we ran most of it ~ actually 2.4 miles of it to be exact, I really wanted to say I could do the whole thing. Well tonight I did! Without stopping! Super excited and soooo motivated to do more. Even researching local races to see what is out there. Big bucket list item for my 40th birthday year (only next year) is to do a half marathon. Dream big!!!

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - see - now you've started something for yourself!!! You are going to become an "event junkie" like so many of us ... you think you feel amazing now - wait until you run with a crowd and DONT finish last amongst them! Feeling is incredible and you will want more and more and more ...

That's not a bad thing! I can think of hundreds of things worse than being an event junkie, but you may have to clean out your wardrobe for all the event tshirts that you are likely to collect lol!!

Proud of you xx
  • Wassir
    Wassir Posts: 11
    Options
    Dumb question - what's an NSV?
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Dumb question - what's an NSV?

Non Scale Victory - a victory you have that doesnt involve dropping weight on the scale!
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory :happy:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well done you...
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great achievement!! Congrats on upping your endurace :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!