Recently Diagnosed With Cancer

Options
:\ How does a person try to lose or maintain what little weight she's lost when there has been medical problems.

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    :( *hugs*
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I'm so sorry you're faced with this battle.

I don't know what I'd do in your situation. I wish you all the best.
  • unannamoss
    unannamoss Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your diagnosis. I have read many of the success stories on this site and several people have manged to do pretty well while having some pretty significant health issues. I hope you find inspiration here and I wish you the best with our health!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I think first and foremost, your focus should be to fuel your body for this big battle you're about to undertake. Your body is going to need all the fuel it can get to beat cancer. Talk to your doctor, and see what kind of foods and exercises you should be doing while going through treatment. I wish you all the luck in the world and a speedy recovery!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First of all, big hugs to you. As an oncology nurse, I suggest high-nutrient foods. I don't know what your path will bring you as far as chemotherapy or radiation or other treatments, but there are special ways to approach each as that time comes. Your oncologist and physician team will definitely have more ideas for you. Be gentle with yourself spiritually and physically.

For now, focus on excellent nutrition and lots of organic fresh fruits and vegetables. You have all of us behind you as you start this journey. Please feel free to add me. I'm not only a nurse, but have helped family in their fight, too. Sending you lots of love.
  • kalinbeima
    kalinbeima Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :( Sending prayers and well wishes your way. I don't have any advice on the subject but feel free to add me. Support is always good :)
  • blueblueheart
    Options
    So sorry you're going through this. :(

There will surely be some exceptionally talented and highly experienced professionals guiding you through this experience; the medical professionals in this particular field are most definitely at the top of their game.

Cori_Mac wrote: »
    Be gentle with yourself spiritually and physically.

Great advice from Cori_Mac
  • EvelynAMinter
    Options
    :D Wow. Thanks as I am so grateful for such responses. MFP replies were very uplifting today. Now I must remember to eat a balance lunch, and stay away from too much processed food, and sugars. Thank God I am no longer a real night owl. I lived on coffee and Cheerios for nearly five years! I am into mirowavable veggies and the frozen fruits for my blender. It's a start. Week one, at least. Mainly being on my feet has given me motivation to perhaps start walking in my neighborhood again. Thanks to you all. I'll be thinking about you each too. Have a nice week end.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
  • 24Gordonfan
    24Gordonfan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Also sending you thoughts and prayers your way. Hoping for the best.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My family is a play ground for Cancer. I have watched my 7 year old cousin fight leukaemia, my Aunt battle breast cancer 3 times.
    I can't say I know how you are feeling or what you are going through because so far I have been lucky.

Concentrate on fueling yourself for battle. Your body is going to be subjected to things that will put it under immense strain.
    Your treatment will include diet help. Just focus on what your nutritionist and oncologist say and when you are all clear then start again.

Good Luck, my thoughts are with you.
    Stand up to Cancer xx