sauna calories

How do you track these they have to count right lol

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Nope, sorry.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    What calories? You're sitting in a room...
  • bigT24chiefs
    bigT24chiefs Posts: 50 Member
    so sitting in a room sweating doesn't burn calories.. You burn calories watching tv...
  • Alatariel75
    Do you log your calories watching tv? It's not the sweating that burns calories, that's just moisture leaking out your skin. You lose water weight in a sauna, but replace it when you drink. Unfortunately, that's it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Nope. You don't lose weight in the sauna. You can get rid of some sodium, if you sweat enough and if you drink enough water, you might feel better later.

But you don't deduct calories for being hot because you're not burning fat.

I wish!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited October 2014
    How do you track these they have to count right lol

Nooooo....silly........ :DB)

In all seriousness, it pays to count only cardio calories. Activities such as watching TV, walking across the street, doing dishes, are counted in your activity level.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Nope
  • Alatariel75
    MrM27 wrote: »
    This can't be a serious question.

I can see why someone would ask - sauna = sweating and it's easy to associate sweating with burning calories. Man, I wish a sauna would burn calories!

• bigT24chiefs
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Nope. You don't lose weight in the sauna. You can get rid of some sodium, if you sweat enough and if you drink enough water, you might feel better later.

But you don't deduct calories for being hot because you're not burning fat.

I wish!

Lol got ya
  • bigT24chiefs
    right ala that's all I was thinking. No biggie still love it whatever benefits it gives.. That probably is the better question
  • Alatariel75
    I love the sauna too, and I find that I hurt SO much less the next day if I sauna after a workout. So it makes burning calories less painful!
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Stay away from them. Saunas only cause death.

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member

??? ??? ???

• SLLRunner
    They do?
  • Alatariel75
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    They do?

Don't drink and sauna, kids.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sauna-deaths-german-christmas-drinkers-2946272

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    so sitting in a room sweating doesn't burn calories.. You burn calories watching tv...

because your eyes are doing something.
    Take a tv into the sauna and good to go.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    They do?

Don't drink and sauna, kids.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sauna-deaths-german-christmas-drinkers-2946272
    The sauna didn't kill those men, over consumption of alcohol did because they were passed out drunk.

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member

so by your logic you will only lose calories if there is a tv in the sauna then.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    I like this thread. :D

You do lose weight in the sauna; if you weighed yourself immediately before and after, you'd be lighter afterwards. However, this is only because you've sweated off some water weight. As soon as you drink anything, you'll put the weight straight back on. It's similar to the weight-loss effects of going to the toilet.