Do you keep counting calories over the weekend?

Options

Replies

• hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i don't really like logging on the weekends. i just try to eyeball and watch what i eat. this way you can sort of train your eye/stomach without logging calories for the rest of your life (tiring!). i also avoid being on my phone/computer as much on the weekends and i find it a bit tiring to log everything. kinda just prefer having a good time - but i'm more hedonistic than most. i drink a lot over the weekend usually and i lose track after a few drinks.

i think i actually tend to lose weight over the weekends than during the week!
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every day. Even when I go way over. I refuse to be lazy about it. That's what got me here in the first place. I stop logging and next thing I know, I'm eating 6000 cals a day and pretending that I'm not gaining weight.

THIS!!
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If I stopped for just one day...I don't know if I would start again. I'm healthier, thinner, better looking(!), have more energy and happier than I was 7 months ago and I don't want that to go away. I can't see myself NOT logging a day. Whether you have a droid, iphone or whatever, I don't think there is an excuse not to log every single day. Unless you are somewhere with out cell service or computer access...and my life just isn't that exciting!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The calories still count on the weekend! I log them all!
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, every day. With the Android app, it's easy to log on the go.
  • LouBrown79
    LouBrown79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started logging everything this week. As we enter the weekend it was my plan to do the same on the weekends. It helps to create the total picture.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I always log
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I log daily. It has really helped me learn where my "weaknesses" are and what I actually eat.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I log it all, sometimes the weekends are the only time I can control what I eat.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Everything/Everyday...except some zero-calorie beverages...I start off well in the morning but lose track during the day. I even log breath mints and gum...guess I'm just wired that way.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I do. I have the occasional "blow it out the water" weekend day here any there but I try to log it nonetheless.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I generally have a cheat meal or two over the weekend and will guestimate how much I ate. The thing with cheat meals is that it doesn't mean that you have permission to binge eat 20k calories in one sitting. Nor is it a challenge to see how much you can fit in your digestive tract.

Overall, though, my desire to achieve my goals is greater than my desire to go out so I generally have just one cheat meal.
  • lleesmann
    lleesmann Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to be really bad about logging on weekends and my weight wasn't going anywhere at that time. Since I've started getting better about this, the weight has finally started to move some. Simply put: I log. Do I always do well on the weekends - no, but I just keep moving forward.For me, it's all about accountability and finally trying to see this thing through to the end.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I log every day if I can, but if I don't have access to a computer for a whole day I don't. When I have a cheat day I don't log everything because I don't want to bother counting how many I'm eating lol
  • illuria
    illuria Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log everything every day. Every bite. If I don't have access to a computer (rarely happens), I will use the phone app. If it's a lifestyle change for good, everything counts :-). After all, it only will work if you are honest with yourself.
  • kingsqueen306
    kingsqueen306 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I try to, but I've not been that diligent in keeping up with it on the weekends..
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't log on weekends really
  • Ravenclaw2012
    Options
    I log everything regardless of the day. I mean, I've been at it for over a year now and I'm still shocked at my eating sometimes when I'm in a no internet zone and can't log as I go.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    yes
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I keep it in my head. If I enter it fine, if not, fine. So long as I don't go over my maintenance cals of 1257 it doesn't matter.