Do you keep counting calories over the weekend?

Options

Replies

• NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I believe it depends on how serious you are about weight management. To log in everything you eat honestly will just put the odds in your favor. Life goes on 7 days a week and I want to live each day the best I can. I believe you should enjoy everything you do. Decide what kind of person that you want to be and be it 7 days a week.

21604338.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Wise words to live by.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I count calories on the weekend, occasionally I will add my total for a meal and use the quick calories option if I'm on the road and can't sit there and take the time to look up every little thing to add. But I definitely count the calories on the weekend, weekends are the hardest eating wise for me.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I don't eat on the weekends.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Yes. Every day. Even when I go way over. I refuse to be lazy about it. That's what got me here in the first place. I stop logging and next thing I know, I'm eating 6000 cals a day and pretending that I'm not gaining weight.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have logged everything I've eaten, or at least done a quick add calories, every day since I started logging. Weekend, weekday, doesn't matter. Not logging it doesn't mean I didn't eat it. That's just me though. I'm pretty much an "all or nothing" kinda girl
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try to but honestly on the weekends is when my job is at its most demanding with 13+ hour days. I logged this past weekend but not the weekend before. My goal is to log everything all the time no matter what. It's a work in progress. I'm great about logging during the week and I'm not going crazy on the weekend with junkfood, I'm still eating good but I need to be logging it regardless.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Every Day :) Even if I go over my calorie goal, I'll still track it.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    The weekends are the most important to log since I don't exercise. I log before I eat so I know if I *can* eat it.
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i try to log everyday///so i keep my calorie intake in check
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY! If it goes down my gullet, it goes in the log.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    of course. i'm still fat and need to lose weight saturdays and sundays.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Not usually. Too hard with 2 kids. I always log during the week. But I don't go nuts over the weekend either.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. No ifs, ands, or buts!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log everything even something that has zero calories (like the coke zero I needed today to stay ahead of my game at work) Sometimes the weekends are even easier cause I can plan things ahead of time even more, like what's happening on Saturday if I'm going to dinner with my boyfriend ect.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Last time I decided to wing it I woke up in a Mexican prison during Spring Break..apparently I'm a mean drunk :happy:
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I sure do!! and if I splurge, I splurge. The only things I almost never do is A) log water intake (I drink more than a gallon a day) and B) complete my entries (just too lazy I guess, lol)
  • Lifestyle_change_get_fit
    Options
    I log everything everyday
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Yeah..What, Hummmm, WHAT? THAT's when you better take notice. The weekend can do more damage than the whole week! When I got My weekends under control is when I got Myself under control, including eating. Why "Live" for the weekend, there's MAGIC in everyday!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    YES
    When i go into maintenance i may "diet" during the week and just relax on weekends, we'll see how it goes....
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    7 days. Don't do the "cheat day", "free day" thing. If I go a litle over on a meal/day which is rare, I still log it and let the elliptical punish me for it :smile: