Do you keep counting calories over the weekend?

Options
Do you imput all the info on MFP over the weekend or do you just wing it till monday?

Replies

• Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I log it. Since i'm not going for a diet, more of a total change, I don't go wild on the weekends because I don't enjoy it. But if I want a slice of cake of whatever else, I log it and held accountable. Just like any other day. I think to my body it is just another day, not some magical day where i can eat whatever i want! That's just me though!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, every day. With the iPhone app, it's easy to log on the go.
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, that means weekends too.... the app on my phone helps, otherwise I forget every single thing I've eaten
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Although my diet might "loosen" up a bit on the weekend...I still log EVERYTHING!!! Helps me stay on track!
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    I log everything I eat, every day of the week. Using the app makes it easy. I can easily gain 5-7 over a weekend if I'm not careful. The only thing I don't log all the time is the water I drink and weight training.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Yes, I would probably really mess myself up if I didn't log.
  • Aperene
    Aperene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I log everything, everyday. Been doing this for 4 weeks now, and it's a habit. :)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't stop storing fat at the weekends so... yeah.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, every day. With the iPhone app, it's easy to log on the go.

Exactly that. I don't want to overdo it on the weekends with calories, and I don't want to break my streak of days logged! LOL
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    I log everything...I need to hold myself accountable for my actions, there are no "free passes" for the weekend. : ) I love this Iphone app!!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't stop storing fat at the weekends so... yeah.

Exactly! I'm probably more apt to go slightly over my alloted calories on the weekend--but I still want to hold myself accountable and not be tempted to un-do the work that I'm doing during the week.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but if I go over, it's not a big deal--I just want to know what sort of damage I'm doing. :)
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I said to h3ll with it last weekend and didn't log it. Then was disappointed that it messed with my weekly average. Learned my lesson. Have to log every day!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I log everything, everyday. If I hadn't been logging weekends I never would have realized how many calories I was drinking in a weekend! I can easily drink over 1000-1500 calories (darn you beautiful summer weather and restaurants with patios!!) in a day. If I hadn't been logging every delicious drop I would not have realized how much I had been consuming. The one thing I do differently on the weekends is I don't pre-log, but that's more because my days are less structured and I'm usually not sure what (where) I will be eating until it happens.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything. I usually have one day a week, It might be sunday, it might be thursday, where I "cheat". but for the most part I even log what I eat on those days but I just dont care if I go over. lol
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I log everything, every day, mainly on my phone app. Most of the time I fix the food, log then eat however that does vary especially if I know the calorie content before. Some days I pre-log if I know Im going to have a big dinner and want to work backwords.
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Even if you tend to go over you have to log daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I LOG, LOG, LOG......to keep on track,.....those little pretzels, pickles, or apple snacks can slip my mind and easily add up! Heck I've had brain farts... and forgotten what I had for dinner the night before! LOL
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If I eat it...I log it...everyday. Food still has calories over the weekend :smile:
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If I EAT it, I LOG it. No matter what. Keeps a good record to review and keeps me accountable!