Do you keep counting calories over the weekend?

Options

Replies

• skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Of course. Though if I have to go over one day, I'd rather it be on my saturday. I haven't been doing this lately because I'm trying to lose (not maintain) but if I did I would just go lighter sunday.
  • stshelleyb
    stshelleyb Posts: 13
    Options
    Yes, but I don't count the wine ;)
  • selbeeps
    selbeeps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Are you still eating over the weekend? YES!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I log on weekends. My way of thinking is that those calories are going into my body whether its the weekend or not and I need to be accountable for every one of them.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Only if I want to stay fit.
  • timthomas99
    Options
    I log everyday; including the weekends!
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    yes, I count calories every day, health is a 24/7 Job
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use this tool to help me learn the calorie content of the things I usually eat. So, on the weekends, I tend to be even more lax than weekdays (I rarely log my evening meals). That being said, if you are still unaware of the amount of calories you are eating, it's a good idea to keep using the tools here!!! I eat the same half dozen or so things for breakfast. . . lunch is pretty standard. In fact, sometimes I know I eat LESS on the weekends just because I'm not stuck at a desk thinking about when I can eat my next snack. LOL

If the log keeps you in check and helps you avoid overeating. . .USE IT!!!!!
  • jagger27
    jagger27 Posts: 79
    Options
    Yes, but I don't count the wine ;)

love it!!!
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I log everything i eat everyday, even if i do go over on the weekends. The mobile app comes in handy.
  • amandaxh
    amandaxh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log. Over the past 4 weeks there have been days here and there where I have binged, and eaten 1000s of cals over my allotment. I STILL log it. It is not an excuse. Eat what you want, but always log. My slip ups tend to be on weekends (because I am not as preoccupied with work and staying busy) and so when I am wondering why I haven't lost weight, well... my log tells me why.

Another thing, is that it keeps you accountable. If you eat poorly and don't log it, you won't feel the need to change like you do when you sit back and see all that you've eaten.

I am going to the movies tonight and fully intend on eating a bucket of popcorn -- yep, a bucket. I have been waiting so long too because it is my guilty pleasure. Is it the best choice to do? No, not really. Do I need an entire bucket instead of a small or medium? Nope, definitely not. Is it healthy -- NOOOOO. But I want it, so I am going to have it and deal with the consequences of it (working out harder this weekend and making sure I stay strictly in my calories this weekend, and making the rest of my day light). Maybe some people will look at my diary and think I'm a pig for it. That's fine, that is their opinion. But I log it anyway. It helps me to see how I need to balance out the rest of my day and rest of my week.

You can have what you want, you just have to be conscious of what you're eating and how the bad stuff fits in with everything else. That is why logging helps.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    everyday, everything. No winging or free days here. Can't put things on hold just because it is the weekend or a special occasion. I'm here to get healthy and that means I NEED to hold myself accountable everyday. That's not saying I don't enjoy the occasional food item that is not within my normal diet, I just enjoy within moderation.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I do! Athough you have your daily goal if you don't hit your weekly because you WAYYY over do it Saturday & Sunday then you wont hit any of your goals! I usually take Sudnay off from the diet BUT I log it all.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If I didn't log everything on every day I wouldn't have a total picture.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat even being brutally honest. I have to just because someone didn't see me eat it doesn't make the calories disappear.
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I believe it depends on how serious you are about weight management. To log in everything you eat honestly will just put the odds in your favor. Life goes on 7 days a week and I want to live each day the best I can. I believe you should enjoy everything you do. Decide what kind of person that you want to be and be it 7 days a week.

21604338.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I try to log after each meal to make sure I don't go over. I haven't been doing it long enough to trust myself.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am a little loose with my calories on the weekend but I still log most of them to keep me focused. I weigh in on Mondays so over the weekend I try to keep that in mind when I'm eating.