172 pounds lost - Before and after

Options

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. Congrats on your fantastic achievement.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Look brilliant.
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing, you are such an inspiration!!! Your doctor is going to be floored!
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Erikhulse wrote: »
    Oh, and I went from barely squeezing into 50" waist jeans to now fitting into 32" waist jeans (the jeans in the last picture are size 32"), so I lost an astounding 18" in my waistline. Another weird fact is my shoe size went from a 11.5 down to a 9. My ring size also went from an 11.5 down to a 9 too. I still have, what I consider to be a big gut, but I think the majority of it is excess loose skin with some fat still underneath. Hopefully over time, and with strength training (which I haven't started yet), it will tighten up. I really want to avoid any type of surgery if at all possible...with exception of LASIK that I will do next year!

You deserve a reward for all that hard work. Lasik is perfect. You are seeing the world differently from an internal perspective now it's time to see it from a physical perspective :smile:

• wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great job =P
  • luckylange
    luckylange Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look phenominal!!!! :) Be proud!!!! I love the inspiration!!! I love myfitnesspal!!!
  • Erikhulse
    Erikhulse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    simpsi wrote: »
    Wow great job! thanks for posting this, it fills me with confidence that it can be done!!

Can I ask what exercise you did, and how much. thanks in advance.

To be honest, I don't do much strenuous exercise. I have not yet started lifting weights, but I do have a FitBit, and make an effort to get 10,000 steps per day...which usually requires a 45 minute morning or evening walk.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I doff my hat at you! :)
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    super job (*)
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've done great!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Congrats on all your hard work. :) thanks for the inspiration
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration, great job! :)
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Amazing! :) Check into calisthenics for toning up and looking mean and lean. :smile: You're definitely an inspiration though!
  • gudjon25
    gudjon25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is truly inspiring. Thanks for sharing your great progress with us. Looking great and likely feeling much better!
  • bigT24chiefs
    bigT24chiefs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Look completely different bro like that's a brother of yours.. Congrats
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Erikhulse wrote: »
    Is this just with myfitnesspal? Regardless of the answer...your progress is astounding! What do you think some of weaknesses were when you started your journey and how did you turn those around?

Myfitnesspal certainly helped in that it made it easy to track my calories. Basically, for the first 6 months, I tried to stay around 1200 calories, then I upped to 1500 calories, now I'm at around 2,000 calories. The hardest part was having the motivation to know that I had the power to make the changes I needed to make and stay with them. I knew what was possible when I started this journey, and I had to begin with the end in mind. When I started, I knew that if I maintained this lifestyle, I would lose the weight. After the first month, I had lost 30 pounds, and that was all the motivation I needed to keep it up. Now I am trying to find a balance and maintenance calorie amount that I can maintain the rest of my life. Pinterest was and is my friend. It's where I have found 90% of the recipes me and my girlfriend cook. No more fast food at all, and limited eating out. But now if I do go out, I usually get a greek salad or something like that. My palate has completely changed. I eat lots of lean proteins, tons of fruit and vegetables. I am looking forward to my annual physical later this month to take blood work and surprise my doctor. Last time I saw my doctor was September of last year when I was 350. All my blood work was good then, but I knew it was only a matter of time before my health started declining because of my poor lifestyle.

Your transformation is incredible!!! And I second you on that Pinterest mention. I find all my recipes on there. Such an awesome resource. And your doctor is going to be wonderfully shocked.

Congratulations on the result of your hard work and determination!

• jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow! Simply amazing! :D
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    congrats on an amazing job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!