can someone look at a sample day of my diet?

Options
breakfast. 1/3 cup porridge with blueberries and no fat yoghurt
lunch, turkey, spinach and lettuce sandwich on helgas low carb bread and a banana
snack...blueberries and yoghurt
dinner...2 boiled eggs with salad.

is this ok? what should I change if anything
and I also workout about 4 days a week (les mills classes, swimming etc)
Thanks

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    How many calories is this?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    no macro mix, no weights. All in all, there's not much to look at.

So, I guess... hey, it's great!
  • elinegri
    elinegri Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me. But dinner looks pretty small. I would maybe add more protein too. I can only see around 50g a day here (I'm guessing because you didn't add portion size). Maybe try a protein shake or replace dinner with a green smoothie.
    Just my opinion. If you feel good and energetic eating this, continue eating it. :D
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    How many calories is this?

^^This. Sounds like half a day for me. Looks a little light on protein, and fiber, and carbs, and well, everything, actually.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    How many calories is it? If your goal is weight loss and you are weighing out your food, not measuring, and staying in your calorie limit then you're fine. Weight loss is a calorie deficit. As long as you are in one it doesn't matter what you eat.
    Options
    the daily tracker says that it totals 850 cal
    my target is 1200 but I eat like this most days and I feel fine
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    yeah... good luck with that. If you're legitimately eating that low... well, it won't last for long before you change it, or you get sick.

You have a lot of resources at your fingers with this site, use them and get on something reasonable and coherent.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    You'd want to add a bit of healthy fat, like olive oil or colza oil. It's ESSENTIAL for your health. Add a bit of preotein, too. If you take only a teaspoon of oil at lunch and at dinner, as well as adding a bit of protein, you'll be at 1200 kcals, low enough for a good weight loss.

With 1200 kcal/day, I'm loosing 6lbs a month. :)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    1200 is the minimum you should be eating. What are your stats? Have you looked up a BMR and TDEE calculator?
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would agree about adding a bit more of SOMETHING to dinner. Or how about some nuts? They add healthy fats AND protein AND minerals.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I'm sort of tired of reading this. No one cares if you "feel fine." It's not enough food and you know it. I feel like posts like this are just a "humblebrag." No one's going to pat you on the back for starving yourself.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You going to eat that every day for the rest of your life?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

I'm sort of tired of reading this. No one cares if you "feel fine." It's not enough food and you know it. I feel like posts like this are just a "humblebrag." No one's going to pat you on the back for starving yourself.

Totally agree with this.
    No-one on this site, with perhaps the exception of those who are pro-ED, are going to give you a round of applause or vote of confidence for eating too little. It is rather underimpressive actually that you do not have any concern for your own body's longterm health.

• kikisian
    Options
    A serving of oat porridge is considered 1/2 cup or 40g...however when I use the 1/2 cup and then weigh it I can get anything from 40g to 60g.
  • Coovie
    Coovie Posts: 1
    Options
    Definitely add more protein to your day and some healthy fat, maybe some avocado to your lunch sandwich?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the food per se, but it doesn't look enough, and it must be a bit boring if that's what you eat every single day.

Maybe add something to dinner, like tuna, and you'd be better off having vegetables rather than salad. Perhaps have the eggs for breakfast, especially as you're having yogurt and blueberries twice, and have a stir fry with chicken or prawns for dinner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

good luck when you start bingeing...
    Options
    for those saying I don't deserve a pat on the back....do you see me asking for one??
    the reason I asked is because I am trying to learn as I am new
    thankyou to all those who gave ACTUAL suggestions, much appreciated
  • PinkPupper
    PinkPupper Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Remove the eggs and replace with fruit.
    There is so much cholesterol in eggs! That is clogging your arteries and asking for high blood pressure!

My answer to everything is go vegan. You can't go wrong with fresh or frozen fruit and veggies. No oils, refined carbs, agave, and fake foods such as vegan cheese or meats.
    80/10/10, raw till 4, you're good to go.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Remove the eggs and replace with fruit.
    There is so much cholesterol in eggs! That is clogging your arteries and asking for high blood pressure!

My answer to everything is go vegan. You can't go wrong with fresh or frozen fruit and veggies. No oils, refined carbs, agave, and fake foods such as vegan cheese or meats.
    80/10/10, raw till 4, you're good to go.

Ehhh. No.

Eat meat, cheese, dairy, chocolate, ice cream, hell... ANYTHING you want as long as it fits your calories of the day.

@MagicalWaifu spare the advices when your own profile says that what you look for is: "Bones, a thigh gap, and happiness"