Early Morning Workers

Options
VanillaBeanSeed
VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
I always see there are overnight/late night topics.. but what about EARLY MORNING?

Most mornings I wake at 5am and work until 2pm.

If you work early mornings - when do you eat breakfast? Do you eat right away? When do you do your workout? Lets see what early morning people are up to! =)

Replies

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I usually set my alarm to 4:30, hit the 2-3 times and I'm pretty awake by 5. My alarm is across the bedroom.

I don't eat breakfast till 9 but coffee and feeding the cats are first on my agenda. I exercise by 5:45- 6 for about 30 minutes. Exercising after work has not gone well for me so mornings it is.
  • AmiCeresi
    AmiCeresi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am one of those early birds... I eat breakfast within half an hour of waking up. Since one benefit of my schedule is getting home early in the afternoon, I just go work out when most people are eating their dinner. :smile:
  • in_lieu_of
    in_lieu_of Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work at 2:30 a.m. until about 8 a.m. when I take kids to school, or 9 and then go to the gym. I do the Intermittent Fasting 16:8 so I end up eating breakfast after the gym, around 11:30 or so. Some days it is not easy because I'm awake 8 hours before breakfast, but coffee and a gallon of water usually helps.
  • TitikiOoh
    TitikiOoh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some fruit on the bus to work, and then eat a snack around 9.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I get up between 5.30 and 6.00 am. I'm doing IF (15:9) so I have breakfast at work at around 10.30 am. I don't usually workout before work but I do cycle commute so technically I'm doing some fasted cardio. I lift after work at around 5.30 pm and have my evening meal around 6.30 - 7pm.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    up at 330... eat at 4 (oatmeal), commute til 645, work 7-1600, home around 1800, change, run, dinner, misc, sleep.. /rinse/repeat.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    With everyone regarding food.

As I get up so early I find that I want to eat ALLLL morning. There is so much time between waking and lunch! AHHHH how do you all handle this?

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

As I get up so early I find that I want to eat ALLLL morning. There is so much time between waking and lunch! AHHHH how do you all handle this?

I found intermittent fasting really helped stop my morning hunger. I used to eat breakfast before work but I'd then be ready for a snack by 9am...and then pretty much every hour until lunchtime. Not eating until later in the morning has definitely helped.

But that's just me :smile:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Morning! I wake at 3am to leave my house at 4am. I start work between 4:30 and 4:45am and work until 3pm. Breakfast comes at work whenever I get a minute or two to eat a bite. I try to pack something for breakfast and lunch as the only place to eat her has limited choices, unhealthy and expensive. Exercise? Well I'd been working different hours so am just now trying to reestablish a routine that works for me.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I eat all morning.

I wake up at 3am, drive to work (hour, give or take) and begin grazing. Usually eat something every couple of hours, be it a handful of almonds or some cottage cheese and fruit. This just works for me, and eating often helps me combat the "coworker brought in cupcakes" temptations if I know I'm going to eat something healthier in a half hour.

As far as working out, usually do that just before dinner. Not always the greatest time but I'm pretty consistent with it. That helps me curb what I eat at dinner so I eat smaller portions. Again, this just works for me.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I eat all morning.

I wake up at 3am, drive to work (hour, give or take) and begin grazing. Usually eat something every couple of hours, be it a handful of almonds or some cottage cheese and fruit. This just works for me, and eating often helps me combat the "coworker brought in cupcakes" temptations if I know I'm going to eat something healthier in a half hour.

As far as working out, usually do that just before dinner. Not always the greatest time but I'm pretty consistent with it. That helps me curb what I eat at dinner so I eat smaller portions. Again, this just works for me.

I try to keep healthy snacks at work. Almonds are a favorite. Having healthy snacks helps me resist the Sirens call of the vending machines.

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I get up at 2:45 am. Get to work about 3:45. Spend about 3 hours pouring over the previous days' production reports before the executive staff gets in at 7am. Have breakfast at that time. Oat meal or scrambled eggs. Meet with staff at 8:30 and put out the next days production schedule. Mile and a half walk at 10am. Lunch, in my office, at 10:30. Deal with mundane crap until 1:30. Pack it in and go home.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6am, straight in the shower then have my porridge before leaving for work just before 7am. I normally have lunch around 12pm, then if I'm feeling peckish in the afternoon I either eat some nuts (I always have a box full of mixed nuts in my desk). I finish work at 5pm, then head straight to the gym for around 6:15pm, normally eating around 8pm, hour relaxing then straight to bed.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    I'm an early bird too.
    I'm up at 5am. Shower, coffee, news, coffee. I started IF about a month ago, and its' really working for me. I have a yogurt about 11:30 and eat lunch at 1, workout after work (3:30 - 4:30), have a snack after, dinner about 7pm.

Coffee, tea or water really keeps me satisfied till about 11.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30, have coffee during the commute, at work at 7:30, more coffee and breakfast around 8-9 (I cannot eat before then). I work until 4:30 and run 3x a week, twice during the week in the evening.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4 a.m. and work from 5 am to 2 pm most days
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 4, weigh in and pack all my food, leave home at 5ish and begin working at

I usually eat at 6ish, my problem is that I end up having dinner at 6pm and by then I'm either stuck in traffic or @ uni. Usually after 4 I forget to eat, I really need to break that awful habit.
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning! I'm up at 5, work 6:30, gym at lunch, finish up around 3:30. Usually I hold off and eat breakfast mid-morning (just a protein bar usually), and then have fruit to tie me over until after my workout. After the gym, I eat my lunch, and have a small snack in the afternoon and then have dinner at 5:30.

I love having an early day, it allows me to have tons of family time at night!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5am, hit the shower, get ready for work, and am at work by 6:15-6:30. I usually drink a shake around 7am then about a 500 calorie lunch at 11am. Quit work between 3:30 to 4:30. Dinner is my big meal and it keeps me from misbehaving when I'm at home and left to my own devices.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I bring a bucketload of different snacks, so pretty much every possible craving is covered in its healthy version.