Peanut butter lovers.....

Options
2013sk
2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
I myself am a peanut butter lover. I love peanut butter!!!

I don't like PB2! I love crunchy sunpat peanut butter!!!

Now a girl on one of the forums has just posted to say that 'nut butters are overrated and pure fat' 'Your just putting fat into your body. Eat vegetables and fruit instead'

Now what do you think about this? I thought protein keeps you fuller for longer. Yes I know its fat, but good fats... ?

Also how much peanut butter do you eat a day? Have you found this has slowed down your weight loss progress?

I would like to know your views

Thanks xxx

Replies

• nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Options
    Peanut butter is calorie paste.

But it's the most delicious thing in my life!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter almost everyday and it hasn't affected my weight loss. I love the stuff.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    PB is awesome!! It's a good mix of protein and fats although I wouldn't say it's the great protein source that some people rave about - you can get a lot higher protein in other foods, meat or not. As with any food, if you like it enough, you make it work in your calorie and macro goals.
  • amykhughes
    amykhughes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I consider it more of a fat source than a protein source. But it's delicious, and nothing is bad for you in moderation! I eat at least one serving of it per day. I am losing just fine (albeit slowly because I am working on the last 10 pounds).
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    As long as you remember that a little goes a long way, there is no reason to cut out peanut butter. I sometimes just have a tablespoon by itself for a snack. It gets me through those rough patches.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i saw that post... the person posting it is a :trollface: IMO....
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    PB is awesome
    Especially if you can spread it on someone and lick it off....
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is awesome. My favorite is 2tbsp peanut butter and a sliced banana on 2 slices of Martin's whole wheat potato bread...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Great I am glad you all love it too :wink:

Yes it is very calorific - So I may need to watch this to loose the last few lbs :neutral_face:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    2013sk wrote: »

Now a girl on one of the forums has just posted to say that 'nut butters are overrated and pure fat' 'Your just putting fat into your body. Eat vegetables and fruit instead'

Now what do you think about this? I thought protein keeps you fuller for longer. Yes I know its fat, but good fats... ?

Also how much peanut butter do you eat a day? Have you found this has slowed down your weight loss progress?

Thanks xxx

Really? Tell her, "It's spelled you're. As in, you're welcome."
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    2013sk wrote: »

Thanks xxx

Really? Tell her, "It's spelled you're. As in, you're welcome."

:smiley:

• TavistockToad
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    PB is awesome

who gave you that idea?!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and celery was my go to snack during my weightloss

29509743.png
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's not pure fat, it has protein as well, it's not lard! More fat than protein of course, but it still has protein and tastes good :)

I'll happily eat nut butters from the jar for a snack but I must admit that I eat much less since starting MFP and realising how many calories there are in a tablespoon compared to a teaspoon.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I can't keep PB in the house; I find myself eating it with a spoon if it's around. Sometimes I pick up a single-serving packet at the dining hall and keep it in my desk for "one of those afternoons" when I need a lift. The calorie count is horrific but it's sooooo good (and also good for you, in moderation).
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    PB is awesome

who gave you that idea?!

Not sure....
    just pop'd into my head. :P

wanna give it a go?
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat Natural Peanut Butter with my breakfast almost every morning, and I haven't found an issue with it. As long as it fits into your calorie allowance, who cares what anybody else says about it!
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter with cinnamon sprinkled in. Doctor said that might be why my blood pressure is so low??? It makes me happy and I don't over eat when I have it.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter in the afternoon on lots of days. It is like my afternoon snack that fuels me until dinner. I love the stuff. IIFYM....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    PB is awesome

who gave you that idea?!

Not sure....
    just pop'd into my head. :P

wanna give it a go?

Are you a hairless labrador retriever? lol.