Losing Half of Your Weight

Options
I started at 330lbs and want to lose half of my weight--get down to 165. (I'm 5'9")

I just wanted to know if anyone else is aiming for half of their weight or if anyone has succeeded at losing half of their weight. Thanks in advance for the inspiration!!

Replies

• stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lot's of people have done this here. In fact, some have lost more than half of their body weight. You can do this if you're committed to the process. Make sure you have friends who support you and learn to ignore the negatives. Celebrate the victories and log your daily calories. You'll be amazed at the results!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose roughly half my body weight (maybe a bit more) so far I'm down about 1/4 of the way (52 pounds) Just remember to have patience and log EVERYTHING!! You can do it! :D
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes you will find many who are on that journey! I am as well I started at 412 and I am currently 337. I have not lost anything in two weeks! Am I giving up?? Hell NO! ANd yes LOG EVERYTHING! If you cheat on MFP logging you are only cheating yourself!!! I am not kidding. Yesterday I logged 5 m&m's!!!! You can do this!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Im on that journey hoping to lose roughly half my body weight. You can do this just be committed and log everything xx
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 150 pounds and have about 25 pounds more to go to reach losing half my weight. Good luck!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    stevesilk wrote: »
    Lot's of people have done this here. In fact, some have lost more than half of their body weight. You can do this if you're committed to the process. Make sure you have friends who support you and learn to ignore the negatives. Celebrate the victories and log your daily calories. You'll be amazed at the results!

What he said, plus be patient. Weight loss happens on its own time.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible - just read some threads on here and you'll see! I agree with the posts above, log everything. This is the only way you can ensure your calories deficit. (Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is only 20% - which is why I don't always do the latter!) Also try to drink LOTS of water each day. :smile:
  • LibertyBelle_75
    LibertyBelle_75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It absolutely can be done. I'm living proof. :smile:
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    gooo you can do it :wink:
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing about half my body weight too. There are lots of people here who have done that and are very inspirational. I've been here for about 14 months and am just about halfway. The best advice I can give is that it is a process and takes time. Be consistent with logging and exercising and have faith your body will follow suit. It works, good luck to you on your goals!
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I started at 332, 5'7" but I am only trying to get to 190-220, maybe when I get there my goal will change, but that is a weight I remember being happy with growing up so we will see. You can lose half or more if you persevere, sometimes you may mess up but never give up!! My current process is slow but sustainable and that is what counts :) Good luck!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I started at 375, currently at 273, was a bit lower but surgery and lack of exercise/motivation for a while set me back a little. My main target is to get into onederland (199) but my 50% would be 187.5, so not far beyond my target. I set myself mini targets in between though, and never more than 7lbs or it becomes a chore, and that's why I've failed in the past. Tortoise and hare..... I've slowed down but I'll win the race!
  • meltedkeys
    meltedkeys Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    close but not quite. if i did half i'd be a bit too thin. i need to lose over 100 though :(
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Goal to lose 160, 10 pounds over half my body weight.

I am currently 6 pounds from the halfway mark.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20 lbs more than my body weight. It's definitely doable, just be ready for a long journey! You can do this :)
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started at 263. I'm at 257 now. I'm aiming for around 140 or 145...so, roughly half.
  • cthunder10
    cthunder10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it, remember it's a struggle, it's one day at a time, it's enjoyment with every tiny step you take towards your goal, it's gratification when you know you are getting there. As with every challenge there will be small set backs, don't worry, each time they will pass on your way to being the new you
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'6" and started at 490lbs. I got down to 230lbs, and I've added muscle since then, and I'm sitting at 242 as of this morning. It took my about 26 months to lose 260 lbs, and I've maintained for 2.5 years now. I lost the weight though calorie counting and exercise. No drugs, no surgery, and no crazy diets that forbid things. It was tough and a lot of work, but more than worth it!

This is me at 490 and then 230.
    before_and_after_4_sm.jpg

And a few pictures of in between.
    6_pictures_small.jpg

It can be done if you are dedicated and stick with it!
  • mgmgrand3133
    mgmgrand3133 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It is possible! I have talked with a few people about this. I started the first of the year. I'm 5'4" and was 250 lbs... aiming for getting rid of 80 lbs... so far I'm down about 35 lbs. Hoping to get to the ones by Christmas!! It takes a LONG time and dedication. But like everyone else has said... LOG EVERYTHING!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!