Boobs and weight loss

Options
Hi

I have lost nearly 2.5 stone and my cup size has not reduced, my back size has reduced but the cup is still the same, do you think my boobs will reduce when i lose my weight?

I still have about another 2 stone to lose :)

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    If the band size has gotten smaller but the cup is the same letter, your cup size has in fact reduced. For example a 36C has a bigger cup than a 34C of the same brand.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It might and it might not.

I've lost a bunch of inches in the band, but only one cup size in the cups.

It comes off where it comes off and there's nothing you can do to make your boobs lose weight.
  • teresamhettrick
    teresamhettrick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The other post is correct, both are going down or your cup size would go up. The cup size is measured by subtracting the inches of your bust from the inches of your chest. So if you were not decreasing in the bust that number would get bigger as your chest got smaller. :D Congrats on your loss.
  • FeelinTheLove
    Options
    If you can reduce the band size but keep the cup size... where's the downside? ;-)
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    It's a possibility but not a guarantee. I was always a 34A for most of my life, and a 34B after I had my second child... I thought when I lost the weight those would be the first to go but I'm down ~40 pounds and still 34B
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I had the same problem - on my end, I actually had to go up a cup size for a little bit while my body settled in and adjusted
    I started at 48DD, was able to keep to the DD's until my backsize was a 36 which made me have to bump up to a DDD which was fun for a while and then after being on maintenance for a couple of month's they settled to a much more respectable 32/34 D

Of course, everyone is different - so you will have to wait and see.

And as one of the other posters noted - a 36DDD for me was nowhere near the same volume of cup as a 48DD - the cups all work on proportions and not actual size of breast, so you are actually losing weight there if you are going down in the backsize as well as the same sized cups do get smaller, the smaller down you go in back size
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    I have lost 2 stone and they haven't reduced. From previous experience, they will go down one cup size. Don't complain though! :#
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    In for boobs.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I'm down 80~lbs (more than 5 stone, less than 6)and am now wearing a 42DD on the middle hooks vs a 44DD on the last set of hooks.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    From a male perspective, congratulations is in order! Noimsayin?!
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem - on my end, I actually had to go up a cup size for a little bit while my body settled in and adjusted
    I started at 48DD, was able to keep to the DD's until my backsize was a 36 which made me have to bump up to a DDD which was fun for a while and then after being on maintenance for a couple of month's they settled to a much more respectable 32/34 D

Of course, everyone is different - so you will have to wait and see.

And as one of the other posters noted - a 36DDD for me was nowhere near the same volume of cup as a 48DD - the cups all work on proportions and not actual size of breast, so you are actually losing weight there if you are going down in the backsize as well as the same sized cups do get smaller, the smaller down you go in back size

That would be because the equivalent cup size to the 48DD is a 36H. Band and cup sizes are completely crazy and complicated. So you really lost a lot in the boobs if you ended at a 32D! I hope to God some of my boobs goes away...hasn't so far ;(
  • EMergise
    EMergise Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Count yourself lucky!!! My boobs are slowly becoming non existent (32 d down to a small 30b) and aren't there perkiest after losing only 30lbs!!! :-(
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eventually go down a cup size...

yes a 34c is smaller than a 38c...I used to wear a 38C now a 36c (if pushup) 36b if not and if I put on my older bars my girls are swimming in the C cup...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The other post is correct, both are going down or your cup size would go up. The cup size is measured by subtracting the inches of your bust from the inches of your chest. So if you were not decreasing in the bust that number would get bigger as your chest got smaller. :D Congrats on your loss.

Why does this always hurt my head? I'm still wondering if I'm wearing the right damn size.
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    In for boobs.

giphy.gif
  • mandimahoney5
    Options

This. Mine truly haven't gotten smaller. My band size is 4" smaller but my cup size went from DDD to G. yes G

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Cup size is the difference between the over bust measurement and the under bust measurement. Generally speaking, an A cup is I think a one inch difference between the two, a B cup is 2 inches, etc.

The tricky part is in the measuring.

Now here's how to mess up your brain. A 34c is the same as a 36b. Go up in the band size and down in the cup size.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    You'll lose where you'll lose. I agree that if the band size has reduced but the cup size has stayed the same, you actually have lost in the boobs.

After my first baby I went from a 38DD after my older son was born (prior to being pregnant I was a 36D) to a 34C but only that big a cup because I had to literally fold my boobs into my bra. Then I got pregnant again, and now that my baby is a toddler and I'm no longer BFing, I'm on my way back down. However I see the sadness starting up again. These are not happy boobs :'(
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Cup size is the difference between the over bust measurement and the under bust measurement. Generally speaking, an A cup is I think a one inch difference between the two, a B cup is 2 inches, etc.

Now here's how to mess up your brain. A 34c is the same as a 36b. Go up in the band size and down in the cup size.

So if I'm wearing a 32 B I can also wear a 34 A, right?
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

So if I'm wearing a 32 B I can also wear a 34 A, right?

Actually what she meant was that a 34c cup is the same cup size as a 36b cup. The band size is still different. So a 34 band might be too lose for you if you normally wear a 32.