Boobs and weight loss

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    bergpa wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Cup size is the difference between the over bust measurement and the under bust measurement. Generally speaking, an A cup is I think a one inch difference between the two, a B cup is 2 inches, etc.

The tricky part is in the measuring.

Now here's how to mess up your brain. A 34c is the same as a 36b. Go up in the band size and down in the cup size.

So if I'm wearing a 32 B I can also wear a 34 A, right?

Actually what she meant was that a 34c cup is the same cup size as a 36b cup. The band size is still different. So a 34 band might be too lose for you if you normally wear a 32.

Oh right. I was confusing it with sister sizing which is different. I measure under 32 so you're right, the 34 wouldn't fit.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    @arditarose
    Most women are wearing the wrong bra size. I know that I'm wearing the wrong size. I'm just stubbornly refusing to buy new bras while I'm losing weight. I know I'll eventually have to give in.

Go get fitted or learn how to do it yourself. Try on a ton of bras. Bras are like jeans, the style matters just as much as the size does. When you find the right style in the right size, the heavens will open up and you will hear the angels sing. Seriously, the right bra will feel great, but it can take patience to find it.

Signed,
    someone who worked as a bra fitter for a few years
  • arditarose
    Options
    @arditarose
    Most women are wearing the wrong bra size. I know that I'm wearing the wrong size. I'm just stubbornly refusing to buy new bras while I'm losing weight. I know I'll eventually have to give in.

Go get fitted or learn how to do it yourself. Try on a ton of bras. Bras are like jeans, the style matters just as much as the size does. When you find the right style in the right size, the heavens will open up and you will hear the angels sing. Seriously, the right bra will feel great, but it can take patience to find it.

Signed,

Yeah! I did get fitted and tried a few times myself too. Think I found it but it's annoying how different all the brands are. Doesn't always work.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    @arditarose

Signed,

Yeah! I did get fitted and tried a few times myself too. Think I found it but it's annoying how different all the brands are. Doesn't always work.

My point is that the size is a place to start. Then you have to find the right style for you. You may have to adjust the size a little based on styles too. Hence my comparison to jeans.

Basically, if you find a bra that fits you well and supports you properly, buy as many in that size/style as you can find. You've struck gold.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'll need to see before and after pictures to really give you an answer to this.
  • arditarose
    Options
    @arditarose

Signed,

My point is that the size is a place to start. Then you have to find the right style for you. You may have to adjust the size a little based on styles too. Hence my comparison to jeans.

Basically, if you find a bra that fits you well and supports you properly, buy as many in that size/style as you can find. You've struck gold.

I know but they're expensive. I'd rather go bra-less and spend money on pretty dresses ha.

• mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In my case I went from a 44 C to a 42 DD. I don't know what that is about, but I'm not complaining either! :D
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I lost my boobs first :'(
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    :s ^^^^^^^^^^ this
    I lost my boobs first :'(

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    We don't get to choose where it comes from :(
  • oh_tree
    oh_tree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's very common for cup size to reduce quite a bit with weight loss but it sounds like so far you are staying about the same proportionately. I have been told by a trainer that your pectoral muscles play a part in that, I don't remember the details but something about keeping those strong/healthy makes a difference :p
  • Claire8614
    Claire8614 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Think they have reduced more than I thought

• OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    We have about the same weightloss goal I think. I'm currently at 3 stone 4lbs lost and I've lost at least one bandsize (possibly two but I need to remeasure myself to check that out) and I've lost a bit of boob - but not a huge amount. Went from a 36H to 34H, but beginning to suspect I'm closer to a 32G or possibly 32H. I still measure 40 inches around the widest part though D: and I really wish more was coming off.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I hope I lose my boobs . . . half the time I wake up and forget that I have them. And then the other half of the time I wake up and kinda freak out that I do have them. Maybe my "maintenance goal" present to myself will be top surgery . . .
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Here's my bra shopping tale for everyone's amusement: Since I've lost weight I have been struggling to find bras with "adequate coverage" so I decided to try Soma last week. The sales woman measured my band size and then with a quick look down at my chest proclaimed that I was a 36G. She brought one for me to try and then told me the only places I would be able to find G size bras were their store and Nordstrom's. She warned me that if I lost any more weight I would need a 34H and that only Nordstrom's sells that size. (That seemed a bit dire. I'm still a size 12 so her warning had me wondering if I would need 32K bras when I reach my goal weight!) Soma's G bras started at $50 but I actually bought one because my Walmart 38DD bras had more storage room than my purse. When I got home, I found a completely different bra wrapped in tissue in my bag. I returned that and declined their offer to refit me because by this time a quick Internet search had shown me other sources for g bras.

A few days later I went to Lane Bryant. Without any measuring the sales woman there told me I was a 36f but that I should wear a 38f. (Why? I don't know.) According to her, their store was the only place where I would be able to find bras to fit and that if I lost any more weight they would need to special order them for me. The f bras she showed me were $46-48. As it turned out, these bras were so large I could have fit another bra in each cup. Once I asked for a DDD cup she wasn't interested in the sale. I left because I couldn't reach the DDD bras and she wouldn't get them down.

So I decided to go to Macy's hoping that they might have something that would fit. I walk in and this nice older lady asked me what I was looking for. I tell her my story and ask her what bras that have in DDD sizes. She tells me 3 brands and then also tells me that they have f, g & h sizes in stock. It was like bra heaven, there were dozens that I could chose from. The best part? Two of the brands had a buy one get a 2nd for $10 special. I think I made 4 trips to the dressing room there were so many I wanted to try. In the end I got one 36DD and three 36DDD bras for $98. The moral of this story? Big bras aren't as "rare" as some sales people claim.
  • CamGoddess
    CamGoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lol @ all the boob and bra discussions. Aren't they fun?

I think Fredericks of Hollywood at the mall (and also adult shops like ConRev) regularly stock larger cup size bras.

For those "lucky" enough to need them! I miss having fuller boobs, only while breast feeding were they impressive.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    @arditarose

Signed,

And then they'll discontinue it.

After all these years, I found THE PERFECT BRA. And they discontinued it. :(
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If you are built heavy on top then they will be the last to go.

• LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    We don't get to choose where it comes from :(
    If only we could. I'd transfer the excess fat on my bum to my chest. (Apparently it's a different type of fat tissue so, that wouldn't work). Grateful that I still possess enough for a C cup (just).