Pumpkin Pie cups! 55 cal each! PICS

Edited to say: Fixed all the problem with the pics! They should all show now! :)

So after making these AMAZING baked egg rolls:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139988-baked-vegetable-egg-rolls-w-pics-73-calories-each

I had a ton of egg roll wrappers left over and I came up with these little guys. You could DEFINITELY make these 'cups' and fill them with anything you like- from savory (Would be delish with meat and light cheese!) or sweet, I decided to make pumpkin pie cups

Ingredients:
For the cups
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
3 egg roll wrappers (Makes 6 cups)
1 tsp sugar

For the filling
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1/4 cup SF maple syrup
1 tsp light brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
and I added 2 packets of Splenda to sweeten but that is optional

Spray a cupcake tray with PAM
Start out and cut your egg roll wrapper in half. 1 egg roll wrapper makes 2 cups. Take one half and mold it into a cone type shape to get it to fit into the cupcake form. You can fold down the edges once you have it in place.

IMG00424-20110314-0005.jpg

After folding down, I sprinkled the cups with the 1tsp of sugar, and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, to give it a desert taste to it.

Next I made my filling. Combine the pumpkin, syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and the splenda (optional) together in a bowl

IMG00427-20110314-0014.jpg

Bake your unfilled cups for 5-6 minutes on 400 degree. Once light brown, take out and fill cups with pumpkin mixture. I lowered my oven to 350 at this point- and baked again for another 5-10 minutes. They could have stood to stay a bit longer, but my oven is old and slightly wonky so keep an eye on them.

They came out looking like this:
IMG00429-20110314-0039.jpg

Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar, or top with some FF whipped cream (for extra calories) and they are all set to serve!

IMG00430-20110314-0040.jpg
55 calories each :)

Replies