Shaping up legs

Options
AlexisBkt7
AlexisBkt7 Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, I'm trying to get some advice on how to tone legs. My legs (mostly just calves) are huge compared to the rest of me. I run at least 2 miles every other day and I control my food intake. Drastic weight loss is not really realistic since I'm so short and the more I workout the bigger they get.

I know you can't have spot fat reduction, but is there any way to slim down my legs? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks

Stats: 105lbs, 5'2", 19% bf

Replies

• deo1
    deo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Calf raises with no additional weight!
  • AlexisBkt7
    Options
    How many would you recommend doing per set? Going to the gym soon so will probably do them :)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    AlexisBkt7 wrote: »
    I know you can't have spot fat reduction, but is there any way to slim down my legs?

The only way to reduce body fat besides surgery is a calorie deficit.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OK, at 19% bf there is no way your legs can be "huge"....Measurements?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    deo1 wrote: »
    Calf raises with no additional weight!

How exactly would doing calf raises help the problem of her calves being too big?

To the OP, calf size tends to be fairly genetic and at 5'2" 105lbs you probably don't have any fat on them. So your options are: learn to love them, get surgery, or just spend a few years in a wheelchair.
  • AlexisBkt7
    AlexisBkt7 Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    OK, at 19% bf there is no way your legs can be "huge"....Measurements?

haha I may have exaggerated. Maybe it's not "huge" at 12" 3/8 inches at the widest part. It's just compared to other parts of me, it doesn't look proportional at all. I think my problem is that my soleus, the area below my calf on the inner side, is nearly the same width. This makes it so that my leg doesn't taper down like most people's... if that makes sense.
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    To the OP, calf size tends to be fairly genetic

This is what I was afraid of - that I can't do anything about it...