I refuse to let depression rob me of my hot bod!

Options
Hello, everyone! My name is Becca and I was actually really skinny growing up.
About three years ago, I was diagnosed as majorly depressed with borderline personality disorder.
However, I refuse to let those things rob me of my image. I was such a beautiful strong woman. I saw pictures of myself on timehop and cried. But not anymore. I refuse to let depression get the best of me. 3 years later and 100lbs heavier, today I am starting running and clean eating. I'm ready to get rid of my binge eating habit. I'm ready to make a lifestyle change!
I'm ready to go back to being a babe!

Replies

• cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile pic and I just wanted to let you know that I think you are still a beautiful woman. :) Good luck with your goals. I am a binge eater too, and it's hard, but one thing that has really helped me is to not deprive myself of foods I love. I just have smaller portions. It's all about balance. :)
  • 0torque0
    0torque0 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, it's a great way to get started on the lifestyle change, get advice, and have people who can encourage and hold you accountable.
  • beccaheiser
    beccaheiser Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! means a lot! I'm working on my binge eating with my therapist. It was ingrained throughout my childhood and both my sisters have trouble with it as well.
  • Catsheep
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've dealt with depression for the past 9 years and it has completely sucked my energy. I'm starting again to build up healthy living because I know it is a great way to alleviate depression. Just gotta go for it, all in.
  • beccaheiser
    Options
    I started to work out for a month about a year ago before it became impossible to go to the gym. After working out, I felt so much better, like my depression was lifted. The hardest part was def. getting off the couch and going in the dead of winter. But now that I have a treadmill and elliptical in my house, there's no excuse!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! means a lot! I'm working on my binge eating with my therapist. It was ingrained throughout my childhood and both my sisters have trouble with it as well.

You're welcome! My mom binges eat as well.
    And that's good that you're seeing a therapist, she can definitely help you with reaching your goals. I'm going to start seeing one regularly on Thursday.
  • beccaheiser
    Options

You're welcome! My mom binges eat as well.
    And that's good that you're seeing a therapist, she can definitely help you with reaching your goals. I'm going to start seeing one regularly on Thursday.

They really help! I'm even going to some classes on emotional regulation. They teach you how to have a fuse to your emotions. This way it gives you some time to think about your decisions before you make them!
  • 0torque0
    0torque0 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

sounds like you are on the right track. Changing your mindset that health is a lifestyle and not just a diet is huge. You don't need to have a perfect bod to be beautiful, but it does feel good to set a goal and accomplish it.
  • amazingbabydoll
    Options
    SAME HERE GIRL. I have a disorder that comes with other disorders including depression & anxiety.. It used to make me lay in bed ALL day. Then one day I stepped on the scale & it said 191 pounds. 5 years ago I told myself if I reach 160 I'd start being serious about my weight, but my disorders held me back.. or should I say I held me back. I no longer let them keep me from being healthy. It's been 5 days & I'm already losing my first few pounds (water weight). Once I get that out of the way I'll be burning FAT! So yaaaaas, keep goin girl. I'm right with ya!