Any Apple Shapes Out There With Before & After Pics?

Options
Any apple shaped women or men have before and after pictures. I'm trying to get myself motivated to start working out again. Any exercises or programs you recommend for an apple shaped body like myself?

Replies

• daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    Bump
  • KJK9109
    Options
    Anyone? Bueller?
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump as also Apple shaped :blush:
  • jodiecooks281
    jodiecooks281 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump................I am apple shaped I have been doing this for 5 weeks so far and have lost 4 pounds! I have been doing a mixture of kettlebell sessions (fitnessblender.com) and at the local gym attending as many classes as possible which range from Legs,bums and tums circuit to boxing to pure fat burn which is another circuit based class! I have been doing between 30min and 90min 5 days a week depending on my work day and then trying to walk 10,000 steps a day and walk the dog on my days off for 60min in a morning and 60min at night.

I have also changed how I eat, I feel like I should be losing more but it's slow going and hopefully that means I won't put it all back on!

This week I have kicked it up a notch and I am only eating red meat 1 day this week. I have introduced oily fish for 2 meals this week, chicken and lots more veg and fruit!! I really hope this helps! I have stopped drinking alcohol and am trying to drink 3 litres of water a day!!!!

Urghhhhhhhhh I better have hardcore abs by next summer!

xx
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Workouts are not body shape specific, at least as far as weight loss goes. Once you get to a certain point, you might decide to work your upper body, legs, etc. more in order to build muscle but for weight loss, it doesn't really matter. Find something(s) that you enjoy and can stick with long term and that will be the best exercise for you.

That being said, I am apple shaped, holding more weight around the middle. You can look at my profile pictures. I've lost a lot through the midsection but still have a ways to go to lose the last of it. My arms and legs are good but the belly is still there. There's a reason why I avoid taking side shots in photos ;)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Body shape only describes where you hold your extra fat. There is no such thing as a workout program for a specific body shape.

Strength training to retain strength and muscle.
    Diet to lose body fat.
    Cardio for health and endurance.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Here's my apple before/after:

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-uAdshCnCwRQ%2FUW12lyXtocI%2FAAAAAAAAAc0%2FA_MvakUYQn4%2Fs1600%2FIMG_0040.JPG&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-I1Rz-ZmuXdc%2FU-AKR8tMgHI%2FAAAAAAAAAds%2FFeDZnS96XUw%2Fs1600%2F2014-08-04%252B15.29.01.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*

Being apple shaped, I'm finding, requires patience and perseverance. Let me throw in perspective so I can have a 3rd "p". Patience and perseverance to fight through the frustration of doing so much work and being so adherent to your plan, yet still seeing more protrusion from your midsection than you'd like to see. For us, the belly is the last place the fat leaves and even having an acceptable body fat percent results in a pooch. Perspective to remember that you're still in a dramatically better place than you were.

Best of luck to my apple bros and sistahs!
  • jemhh
    edited October 2014
    Options
    EDollah wrote: »
    Being apple shaped, I'm finding, requires patience and perseverance. Let me throw in perspective so I can have a 3rd "p". Patience and perseverance to fight through the frustration of doing so much work and being so adherent to your plan, yet still seeing more protrusion from your midsection than you'd like to see. For us, the belly is the last place the fat leaves and even having an acceptable body fat percent results in a pooch. Perspective to remember that you're still in a dramatically better place than you were.

Best of luck to my apple bros and sistahs!

Excellent post! And great job on your loss, by the way!

I completely agree with the three Ps. Perspective is the one that I find the most challenging. I have a lot of days when I think that I look like a potato person, with my thin arms and legs and bigger midsection. I need to remind myself that I am more like a fingerling potato rather than a russet nowadays.
  • CalZach
    CalZach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Brilliant work EDollah!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm an apple. Was stalled for almost a year. Started on the 5:2 and 16:8 eating protocols beg. of Sept. I've lost 6.4 kg, 11 cm in small waist, 4 cm arm and 4 cm in hips. So I'd say a big portion of that weight loss was in my belly.

This is what worked for me: Being in kcal deficit. I skip breakfast, eat homemade, extra fibers, cardio and strength, low in simple carbs due to sugar crashing. I do allow some treats in moderation though.

IF is not for everyone. For me it's wonderful, cause it kickstarted my metabolism back into gear, I believe.

If you're interested:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

Edit: Started on BMI 27.7. I'm now down to a healthy range of 24.7.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Well, not sure I'm decidedly an apple...I'd call myself more of a rectangle I guess. But here are before/afters:
    i-DprdD6t-M.jpgi-PDSJF4G-XL.jpg
  • sallychildress
    sallychildress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    wow! Impressive transformation picutures, EDollah and omma_to_3!!! Congratulations on your fantastic progress, you look awesome!! very inspiring! I am working on losing 10 more fat pounds, gaining 8 muscle pounds. So far I've lost 18, but kind of stalled... nutrition gets me with little cheats :( I love to workout, but gotta burn more fat!!
  • hgwill78
    hgwill78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple. It takes time and patience. Here is before and now. I have 10 pounds to goal and all 10 pounds are on my tummy. I run, lift weights, and eat at a deficit.
  • jemhh
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Great progress, everybody! My pics. This is w/49 pounds lost:

Side shots (Sept 2014 vs June 2013)

sidenow_zps49f99e36.jpg

Front shot (Sept 2014)

frontnow_zps1092714a.png
  • KJK9109
    Options
    Looking at the before and after pics they're amazing y'all. Good job :smile: I seen some posts about specific exercises I didn't start this post to get specific exercises just needed a little motivation is all. I know slow and steady wins the race and that I can't spot reduce what I want to lose first. Because sadly I know my stomach will be the last to go. As I said before Just needed a little motivation. Again awesome before and after pictures. Truly inspiring. :smiley:
  • KJK9109
    Options
    Also when I asked for exercises I wanted to mix it up a bit is all.
  • Meevenbetter
    Meevenbetter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

sidenow_zps49f99e36.jpg

Front shot (Sept 2014)

frontnow_zps1092714a.png

Awesome thread. Awesome work guys.
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I can't really be bothered with the pictures, but I was a definite apple shape before and I'm on the pear side of hourglass now. My hips are 10 inches bigger than my waist. It's really interesting to me that my basic shape changed so much!
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

sidenow_zps49f99e36.jpg

Front shot (Sept 2014)

frontnow_zps1092714a.png

Awesome thread. Awesome work guys.

Awesome!!! And awesome everyone :-)