1 year today, FINALLY a NORMAL BMI!

One year ago I really started my weight loss journey. October 15, 2013 I weighed in at 188 pounds but today; October 15, 2014 I am weighing in at 144 pounds! Still not to my final goal weight but I am so much closer than I ever have been! I can't rememebr the last time I wasn't classified as overweight or obese. I am 5'4'' and with my starting weight of 188 I was clasified as obese. Today I finally made it to the NORMAL BMI, just barely. BUT IM THERE! Little steps! My final goal weight is around 130, I am so close! I just had to share this with someone! :smiley: 44 pounds in 12 months!

Replies

• bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Good for you! I am 5'4" as well and that is my next goal too. About 23 lbs to go!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Good work! That is really fantastic. You've come a long way :)
  • That's a great accomplishment! You should be proud!! :)
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Great job! You are an inspiration! I admire your dedication to this !
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Great job!
  • tripswithT
    tripswithT Posts: 6 Member
    WOW Congrats, good job!!
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Congratulations! I bet i feels so good! I can't remember the last time I had a "normal BMI"... but I can tell you I'll get there too. Way to go!
  • meghan_lovely
    meghan_lovely Posts: 48 Member
    That is so exciting and inspirational. Congratulations!!
    I am currently at 194 and 5'5. I have lost 21 lbs. in 81 days on MFP. I would be ecstatic to have a "normal" BMI. I don't think I look obese right now but technically I am.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Congratulations! I remember hitting a healthy BMI and feeling the same exact way. Keep the good work up!!!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Congrats!
  • Great job!!! Any words of advice??!! A lot of us are in your position and what an inspiration to keep going.
  • rightkindofwrong
    rightkindofwrong Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2014
    Thank you everyone!! The only advice I have is stick to it! There were days i would see no progress or GAIN weight and would want to give up but reading success stories on here and a LOT of Google made me stick to it! It feels very good! Im still not "happy" with the way i look but im MUCH happier than i was!
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Great job!! You look fantastic!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am 5' 2" and weigh 139, and my BMI is 25.4, at 5' 4", 144 lbs., yours is 24.7, where are you doing your calculations from? My goal is 130, but I am 2 inches shorter than you, I may change it, honestly for me it is about body fat not the number on the scale, especially since I lift heavy. Personally, I think you look great right now. I am close to normal too, but I take it with a grain of salt because of weight lifting.
  • rightkindofwrong
    rightkindofwrong Posts: 16 Member
    Under 25 for a BMI is "NORMAL" as thats how I just barely made it into ''normal" range today.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Congrats! And keep it up. You will be there in no time!

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Good for you! :grinning:
    Keep at it, slow & steady wins the race. It'll be easier to keep the weight off.

51637601.png
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Congrats!!! :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Congrats! That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!