Food Log

Options
Can someone please review my food log and make sure I am on track. I believe I am, but want to have it checked by someone else. I am 41, weigh 185 and excersise about 5-6 days a week; 45 minutes each session (burn about 600 calories per session). I want to lose about 10-15 pounds. I am trying to eat around 1500 calories a day.

Thank you for your help!

Replies

• Ashtrizzle
    Options
    You need to make your log public.
  • johnomaha
    Options
    Oops...done
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    everything looked good except your water, are you not adding it or not drinking it?
  • johnomaha
    Options
    I drink ALOT of water...I don't include it in my log.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    The first thing I see is that you took in about 1400 calories. If you burn 600 from exercise, that is only a net of 800 calories. That is not enough calories. Eat back enough of your exercise calories so that your net is not below 1200. Your weight loss will quickly come to a halt if you don't take in enough calories.
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If mfp has calculated a 500 calorie deficit for you, you might want to be eating your exercise calories back. If you lose weight because you're not eating enough, what your losing is most likely muscle.

*note* I say if because since I'm almost down to my goal weight, mfp has me at a 250 calorie deficit.
  • johnomaha
    Options
    I tried that about a month ago when I tried this website. I ate about half my calories back and I gained like 2 pounds. I stopped eating back my calories and lost about 1 pound. I just started back a few days ago.