Food for thought?

Options
I work at a convienence store and today I was going through the nurtirion labels of various different items, candy, trail mix, etc. WOW. Before I started my journey to loosing weight I was eating a bag of chips, a whold king sized candy bar, all that NO problem. Now I estimate I was eating around 2,500 - 3,000 calories almost daily. Yikes. Now that I'm eating healthy and only healthy when I pick out the right meal I'll get full on a 300 calorie meal. It's amazing to step back and look at your old habits and compare them to your habits today. Anyone else realizing the dramatic changes they are making?

Replies

• Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten a lot more conscious about what foods I am eating. If I end up eating out from a work social occasion I always try to research the restaurant first to find the low calorie options, and Im buying a lot more fresh fruit than I ever have before, and buying different brands... instead of always going for the cheap route like I had been before. And Im actually SAVING money on my food bill because Im eating less. (This = dramatic change for me)
  • sydneyannewyma
    sydneyannewyma Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • sydneyannewyma
    sydneyannewyma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ruzuki wrote: »
    Ive gotten a lot more conscious about what foods I am eating. If I end up eating out from a work social occasion I always try to research the restaurant first to find the low calorie options, and Im buying a lot more fresh fruit than I ever have before, and buying different brands... instead of always going for the cheap route like I had been before. And Im actually SAVING money on my food bill because Im eating less. (This = dramatic change for me)
    Agreed. I've already saved a whole lot by buying less food than I normally do. Yay us!