Advice Needed..... new starter :-)

Options
Hi,

Im 5 foot 2 and 151lbs

I have been following 1200 cals and running a minimum of 4 timer per week average run is about 6-6.5km

Average day:-

Breakfast- Ready Brek Porridge with semi-skimmed milk 187cals
1 x Banana 105cals

Dinner- Chicken Stir Fry 335cals
(butternut squash and brocolli stir fry with 150g chicken breast, onions and low fat sauce)

Tea- Fillet Steak, mushrooms, mixed veg and peppercorn sauce (small amount of sauce) 454cals

Multivitamin
Vitamin C
2 Cups of Tea 30 cals

Struggling reaching the 1200 cals and found i'm eating more than usual just healthier foods.

Can anyone offer any advice? I also struggle eating back the exercise calories.

I weigh everything on digital scales so know my calculations are correct and I log everything.

Any advice is appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Haakonson
    Options
    You can add some snacks, nuts have lots of calories for a small portion, they're also good for a protein boost and the fats they have are the good kind... apples are good pre-workout snacks... and you can try some protein shakes maybe (I drink 3-4 day)...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    nuts, butters (peanut, almond etc.), quest bars
  • kirstyk05
    kirstyk05 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Haakonson wrote: »
    You can add some snacks, nuts have lots of calories for a small portion, they're also good for a protein boost and the fats they have are the good kind... apples are good pre-workout snacks... and you can try some protein shakes maybe (I drink 3-4 day)...

I have the PNI Lean Shake so was thinking maybe add that into :-)

Was worried about the nuts as know they are high in fat even though they are good fats.

Will be trying apples as a pre workout may help my run also!

Thanks
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    nuts, butters (peanut, almond etc.), quest bars

Love peanut butter but can get carried away with it! How much of it would you say as a snack?

Thanks
  • Haakonson
    Options
    Since you like both, cut your apple in half and spread some peanut butter on it haha, I've seen this recommended before... I don't eat peanut butter though. Good luck :)
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    I have been aiming for the pre-set breakdown of:

Carbs 50
    Fat 30
    Protein 20

Would you say this is correct? Personally I thought to be loosing weight I would be best increasing my protein and decreasing the carbs?

xx
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Haakonson wrote: »
    Since you like both, cut your apple in half and spread some peanut butter on it haha, I've seen this recommended before... I don't eat peanut butter though. Good luck :)

Mouth is watering!!! Definitely one to try :smiley:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    If you are running 25km per week or in other words, losing around 2,000 per week, then why the need to eat so little?
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    I was always one for not eating breakfast and generally having something quick during the day then eating throughout the night.

Now that I am having regular meals most importantly breakfast ive found im just not to hungry and struggling to think of snacks etc to top my food up.

I checked on a few sites and they said for my height and weight I should aim for 1200cals per day for 2lbs weight loss per week.

Any advice is appreciated :smile:

• faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi. Everyone is individual so it will probably be a case of tweaking to suit you. I am no expert but if you are running as you say you are I think you may be taking in too few calories and I would also aim for 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats. Adding hemp seeds to your breakfast for example will bulk calories, fats and protein quite simply. There is no exact science I'm afraid as we are all different but the main thing is to be sensible and healthy in your choices. I wish you the best of luck! :D
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Thank you faramelee

I'm going to change to 40/40/20 as i am finding that naturally I like more protein than carbs, here's hoping I have some good losses and start to see a change in shape :smiley: