new mom here..

Options
Any tips or suggestions on losing the post c-section pooch. I'm slowly losing the last 15 pounds i gained during pregnancy but my stomach is a hot mess...
My babes is 9 weeks old so i know it takes time but any help is appreciated :)

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Targeted fat loss doesn't really happen. :) You're going to have to just let your body do what it does. I've never had a C-section, so don't know if there is something special about the 'pooch' that comes with it. But I will tell you that I have had 2 children - I'm 5'4" and weigh 130 pounds... and I still have lose skin on my abdomen that I'm pretty sure will never go away unless I have surgery to remove it.

Aaaand I have no idea if that was helpful or not. Mostly I'm just 'bumping' your post so that someone who has had a C-section might see it and give real advice. :flowerforyou:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Oh - and congrats on the new baby!
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My youngest just turned 2 and I still have my c-section pooch. I think it has a lot to do with genetics if that will ever go away completely.

Try doing weights that will help. My pooch is MUCH smaller than it once was but I'm afraid mine will never be gone without surgery. Dang it! Good luck :smile:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The only "trick" is to keep losing weight and reducing your body fat. There are no miracle workouts or diets. Nothing is effective but commitment, dedication and time.

That said, even when you reach your goal, you may still have a small pooch. There's not much you can do about it if you do. But, a small imperfection is ok with me if I have good health, a nice & fit body, and a kiddo to show for it.

If you want the most "bang for your buck" in fitness, look into strength training.
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree with LoreF83... keep losing weight and reducing your body fat. Your mommy pouch my never go away (mine didn't and my daughter is 8), but will get better! I can promise you that! If you put in the effort, it will!

Also, people may not agree with this, but my grandmother had me girdled down after I had my baby. I'm convinced it made a difference. In fact I still wear girdles or waist trainers almost daily...To me, they help strengthen the muscles.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I agree with LoreF83... keep losing weight and reducing your body fat. Your mommy pouch my never go away (mine didn't and my daughter is 8), but will get better! I can promise you that! If you put in the effort, it will!

Also, people may not agree with this, but my grandmother had me girdled down after I had my baby. I'm convinced it made a difference. In fact I still wear girdles or waist trainers almost daily...To me, they help strengthen the muscles.

Actually, I agree with Shannishan05, after the birth of my eldest I had a lot of muscle weakness and loose skin. I messed up big time and I'm convinced it wouldn't have been so bad if I had used one but I had no idea about a girdle after until I had my second. I gave it a try and it made a big difference as my body was healing, it gave the extra support as everything tightened back up. That being said, A lot of it is genetics. Some women have 3 children but look like they've never had babies. Others, like myself, have a constant reminder of it. my pooch never went away, I am even 78lbs down from the day my daughter was born and it's still here, but I am perfectly okay with that now. At first I felt like my body was destroyed, but after going through several unsuccessful pregnancies, I really started to love my stomach, it is a reminder of how lucky I was to carry full term..sure, I can't wear a bikini ever again but at least I have my children. :) Best of luck to you and enjoy your little one! :D

Mommy of 3 <3
    Tucker-2007
    Mia-2011
    Maddalyn- 2014
  • savagecorey2
    savagecorey2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby! I had two c-sections 10 and 8 years ago, and I'm sorry to say my belly has never been the same. The scar is nearly invisible, but there's a pooch there that didn't exist before. As I've gotten older I care less about how I look rather than just being fit and healthy, so it matters less than before.
  • cedwardscadd
    Options
    congratulations.....
    be patient and positive. as for anything to target that area specific, id suggest a balanced approach. you already have the first steps done... decide and inform, only thing left is the action
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My youngest just turned 2 and I still have my c-section pooch. I think it has a lot to do with genetics if that will ever go away completely.

Try doing weights that will help. My pooch is MUCH smaller than it once was but I'm afraid mine will never be gone without surgery. Dang it! Good luck :smile:

This is me as well, my baby is 2 as of today and I still have the c-section pooch, and like this poster it has gotten smaller over the last 2 years, slowly....very slowly but it's coming off, if we could only just wish it away it would be so much easier! lol Congrats on the new baby!