Low calorie drinks with no aspartame suggetions please

Options
Hi I'm trying to get away from drinking diet drinks that contain aspartame i heard it increase appetite. Do you have any suggetions of what you like to drink that doesnt contain aspartame?

Replies

• Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Water. Also, coffee and tea.
  • jharlowlives
    jharlowlives Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sparkling water/lemon - kind of like soda except not gross
    - and the occasional regular soda (with REAL sugar).
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Water Zero, Zevia soda, flavored (not sweetened) seltzer.
  • runnergrace
    runnergrace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee (also cold brew iced coffee, or tea made into iced tea with lemon/lime). Also, I love NuNaturals liquid stevia for coffee (in Canada, have only found this on iHerb online).

I have a SodaStream because I LOVE carbonated water with lemon/lime. But the LaCroix sparkling water from Target, or Perrier or any sparkling water has nothing added except flavour and that stuff is awesome.

• ComingUntrue
    ComingUntrue Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is an excitotoxin that kills brain cells. It's basically poison. Your best bet is water or tea with lemon.
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    unsweetened flavoured sparkling water, coconut water from a tetra pack/box, ones in the cans have added sugar, unsweetened almond milk for tea n coffee, unsweetened iced tea, anything with real sugar in small amounts
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Menix8 wrote: »
    Water. Also, coffee and tea.

Yeah, these would be my suggestions. You can add a fruit or a little fruit juice to the water for taste and it will still be low calorie. As others have suggested, use sparkling water if you like carbonation.

If it is only aspartame you want to avoid, there are drinks sweetened with other artificial sweeteners like splenda or saccharine. Or you can buy these sweeteners in powdered form and add your own.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I like the ICE fruit-juice flavored sparkling water with Splenda.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Zevia. Club soda with a bit of lime, lemon. or cucumber
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »

Splenda is aspartame....right?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is an excitotoxin that kills brain cells. It's basically poison. Your best bet is water or tea with lemon.

Mind linking some evidence to that? It's perfectly safe in doses consumed well under ADI.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    free1220 wrote: »
    fatcity66 wrote: »

Splenda is aspartame....right?

No, it's a different artificial sweetener.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Splenda is sucralose...you'll find sucralose in 90%+ of supplements that are sweetened
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I should have said that i dont want thing with (sucralose) either because i read online that it sitmulate appetite, increases carbohydrate cravings sitmulate fat storage and weight gain
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I should have said that i dont want thing with (sucralose) either because i read online that it sitmulate appetite, increases carbohydrate cravings sitmulate fat storage and weight gain

I read online that they found bigfoot. I'd recommend doing some research instead of believing every propaganda article you find on the Internet.

"The problem with the Internet is that you never know if it's true." -Abraham Lincoln