Shakeology Samples...

Options
Does anyone how I can get some shakeology samples? I am very interested in buying them but don't want to purchase until I can try them out once or twice and make sure I like the taste and order the right flavor. I hear about people getting samples...

Thanks!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Watch out!! Now that you have asked that question....the BeachBody coaches are going to descend on you like vultures on roadkill....wait for it....
  • kerri76
    kerri76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is Shakeology?
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I got two samples. The chocolate and the green one. I couldn't drink either one. I gagged. It was horrible tasting. I hope you have better luck if you get some samples. I also tried Bodybyvi. Tastes just like vanilla cake batter.....so yummy. But I didn't stick with it cause I got bored of drinking a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch. But between the two bodybyvi tastes so much better.
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Watch out!! Now that you have asked that question....the BeachBody coaches are going to descend on you like vultures on roadkill....wait for it....

LMAO ... very true.

Oh and op... they arent very good.... yep i tried one and i will never invest my money into an overly... um nasty drink that may only play mind games.. i think free exercise and healthy food choices is doing just fine for me :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question, and was given the reply of "There is a 30-Day money back guarentee. If you don't like it, return it."

I decided not to try it.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    What is Shakeology?

An overrated prop blend sold by BeachBody to people who don't do research on supplements. :)
    It's overpriced crap, but thanks to multi-level marketing, it makes them millions.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Yup so true!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    I agree with the yucky-ness of it. I had the chocolate and didn't care for it at all. It was way too thick for me. I don't believe in replacing meals with shakes or eliminating an entire food group from your diet. It's all about finding balance for yourself.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    What is Shakeology?

An overrated prop blend sold by BeachBody to people who don't do research on supplements. :)
    It's overpriced crap, but thanks to multi-level marketing, it makes them millions.

Now wait for the BeachBody coaches to start PMing you trying to change your mind...

I agree, diet and exercise FTW!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    I got two samples. The chocolate and the green one. I couldn't drink either one. I gagged. It was horrible tasting. I hope you have better luck if you get some samples. I also tried Bodybyvi. Tastes just like vanilla cake batter.....so yummy. But I didn't stick with it cause I got bored of drinking a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch. But between the two bodybyvi tastes so much better.

Can you tell me more about Bodybyvi? Did it cost less? Do you have to drink it for two meals? I'm not looking to drink it all the time, just replace one meal every other day..to begin with anyway.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    alternative to the MLM known as Shaeology:

Nature's Way ALIVE!™ Whole Food Energizer Shake... $1 for single serving pkg from Whole Foods

Soy Protein based...

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Alive-Ultra-Shake-Soy-Protein-Vanilla-2-45-lb

Natures-Way-Alive-Ultra-Shake-Soy-Protein-Vanilla-033674153901.jpg
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

Now wait for the BeachBody coaches to start PMing you trying to change your mind...

I agree, diet and exercise FTW!

They can bring it.
    Theres tons of better supplement companies.
    I despise MLM companies. BeachBody has fad programs and sells crappy supps to the people who start using their diet/excercise programs.

Taking one look at their website, and reading about shakeology was enough to make me hate them. Their marketing is misleading. And their prop blends don't contain enough of each thing to really be beneficial. Then they sell you the crap for about 4 bucks a day.

I feel sorry for people who don't know better and get stuck buying their garbage.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    alternative to the MLM known as Shaeology:

Nature's Way ALIVE!™ Whole Food Energizer Shake... $1 for single serving pkg from Whole Foods

Soy Protein based...

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Alive-Ultra-Shake-Soy-Protein-Vanilla-2-45-lb

Natures-Way-Alive-Ultra-Shake-Soy-Protein-Vanilla-033674153901.jpg

There ya go!
    Another route would be buying a real protein supplement that has a decent amount in it.
    Then adding joint support supps and a wheatgrass or "greens" supplement. Would still cost less than 100 a month, and you'd have better quality.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    The OP got me thinking.....so I emailed my BeachBody coach (he doesn't really coach me, he's just a friend from high school who I order my BeachBody dvd's through so that he can get the sales credit - aren't I nice? lol) to see if he can get me a few samples of Shakeology. I will let you all know if he does, or if he says I have to order it and then use the money back guarantee if I don't like it. Also, if I get samples, I will let you all know what I think of the shakes. He was pretty hell bent at first a couople months ago on selling Shakeology to me, but I told him flat out that I wasn't interested and then he dropped it, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles my request for samples now.
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    The first couple times I drank it, I did not like the taste either. However, since I did purchase the whole bag and they (Carl D.) claimed it was yummy and so good for you, I went ahead and drank one everyday but made it differently each time to see if I would find a way that I liked it. On day 4, mixing it with cold water, I was able to drink it. After the first week, I could tell a huge difference. For me, I was able to "GO" more... sometimes twice a day vs couple times a week. My nails and hair improved and I was also able to move out of the rut I was in. I personally love it! I've been purchasing it every month for 2 years now and I prefer it over anything else. I now make mine with Almond milk and the chocolate shakeology mix LOVE IT!!!!!!.... my 4 year old loves it too. SHe asks for it daily.

IF you check out the May issue of "O" Oprah magazine... there is a wonderful article in there about Super foods ..... which a lot of is found in SHakeology.

Yes, I am a Beachbody Coach and proud of it. I've been a customer of theirs for years! Huge fan of Chalene Johnson. I would be happy to send you some samples.
  • kerri76
    kerri76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi has been mentioned and I would like to know more about it. I tried it and have been talking to a distributor and am considering trying for a month. Any thoughts?
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    WOW, alot of Beachbody and Shakeology bashing. Interesting...

Anyway, I'm happy to send you a sample of either flavor, just send me a PM.
    I personally happen to love it. But that's just me. :-)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    The OP got me thinking.....so I emailed my BeachBody coach (he doesn't really coach me, he's just a friend from high school who I order my BeachBody dvd's through so that he can get the sales credit - aren't I nice? lol) to see if he can get me a few samples of Shakeology. I will let you all know if he does, or if he says I have to order it and then use the money back guarantee if I don't like it. Also, if I get samples, I will let you all know what I think of the shakes. He was pretty hell bent at first a couople months ago on selling Shakeology to me, but I told him flat out that I wasn't interested and then he dropped it, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles my request for samples now.
    My friend is going to send me some samples. I will post my review/results here as soon as I have them.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Funny how the first comments are that the Beach Body Coaches will descend like vultures but the first 10-12 comments are Shakeology bashers. The original request was to see if anyone knew how to get free samples. The request was not what you "think" about the product. Also, what is so "crappy" about it. Only one or two people actually stated they tried it but most said it is crap.

I can speak from experience as I do drink one every day. Alone it tastes bad but like most protein drinks (unless they are full of sugars - CRAP!) taste horrible alone.

Whether by working out alone, Shakeology only or a combination of the 2 (I believe it is a combo - but more related to workout dedication) my BP has reduced significantly (to the point where I am going to talk to Dr. next visit to reduce or stop BP meds), my cholesterol has dropped from 226 to 165, my HDL (good cholesterol) has gone up from 54 to 71 - all in the span of 8 - 9 months.

Now to try and answer ... I do not have any samples so I cannot assist but I would not suggest trying either the Greenberry or Chocolate alone. If you do get samples google for recipes. A couple of tasty recipes (in my opinion) are below:

1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
    3 ice cubes
    1 cup water
    1 banana
    2 pineapple rings
    5 strawberries - tastes like the melted mixture at the bottom of a banana split

1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
    1 cup vanilla almond milk
    5 ice cubes
    2 tablespoons PB2 (powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat) - tastes similar to a Reese's PB Cup