too few calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    dgroulx wrote: »
    I've had several doctors that recommended that I eat 800 calories a day. I've lost a lot of weight by doing this. Nowadays, I eat mostly proteins and fats. Carbs have no value, and the carbs that I eat come from vegetables only. There is no starvation mode. If there was, there would be obese children starving in Africa. Don't forget all those fat prisoners liberated from concentration camps after World War 2. If you are not hungry, don't eat.

carbs.......have no value? mmmmmmmmm NO !

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Food Scale.

Get it.

Use it.

Love it :)

It makes a huge difference when you are counting calories....I remember way back when thinking that the spoonful of peanut butter I was snacking on HAD to be a serving, because it was for me. Weighing and measuring it out... geez it was like 2 servings worth :( Same for the salads and so on. I figured it HAD to be close to the 2.5 cups (85g) listed on the bag as a serving. Turns out MY idea of a serving wasn't even close.

Scales are cheap....start measuring your food and everything, and stop eyeballing it. That will help you immensely in the long run.
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ok thanks everyone...I changed up my menu last night and had a baked potato instead of cabbage and green beans--I also put ranch and a little butter on it..and I measured everything. The pork chop had no oils as it was baked. Thanks for all the input
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    MissyLaRae wrote: »
    803 calories for a day will put your body into starvation mode and you will begin to gain weight.

Wow! You figured out how to break the laws of thermodynamics! You deserve a Nobel Prize...

Or wait maybe this idea is bullpoop and needs to be put to rest.

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It looks like there's a meal missing. Just fruit for breakfast? You could be enjoying eggs and toast, too, and have still have calories to spare. :) You could add soup to your salad.
  • chicacherry666
    Options
    nope take into account that subway dressing are calorie ladden like 200 calories if they put it on + oil on food you'd probs be on 1200 calories
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you have all the food planned and don't want to eat more (which i would suggest doing) just add butter to your beans, or an avocado to your salad etc etc. Calorie dense foods will take your intake up easily.
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lorlee I am not a breakfast person. Fruit is all I can tolerate. Chicacherry I did not get the subway dressing. I took my salad home and measured out my own dressing. I managed to get my calories up by adding a potato and some other stuff. Thanks