I need friends to keep me motivated!

Options
So far I've been doing this journey on my own, 86 days and counting. I've had great success so far losing 43 pounds. But as of late I've been slacking on my logging, (had my sisters wedding this past weekend) and I have had little motivation lately. I think having friends on MFP would be more encouraging. If you'd like to send me a friend request I will gladly accept! Always looking for tips, and new ideas to have better and healthier results!
Been at a plateau these last few weeks, gonna try my best to power through it!

Thanks!

Replies

• LastCupOfSorrow
    LastCupOfSorrow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :)

Thanks for the friend request!
    :) Good luck on your journey as well!
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Fr sent :)
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am always looking for motivation and support from friends too so please feel free to add me :smiley:
  • meercat68
    Options
    86 days and 43 pounds, incredible. So happy for you. I just started recently, and reading that blew me away. Your doing great, keep it up. I'll be checking for your posts. :smiley:
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    meercat68 wrote: »
    86 days and 43 pounds, incredible. So happy for you. I just started recently, and reading that blew me away. Your doing great, keep it up. I'll be checking for your posts. :smiley:

Thanks, I didn't really think of it that way..
    But since you put the numbers in my head again that was roughly a pound every 2 days, although I've been at a standstill for nearly 3 weeks now. It's getting a little discouraging, but I'm gonna keep going! I wanna hit my goal!! I've spent a good chunk of my life heavy, and I'm ready to be happy and healthy!

Good luck to you on your journey!
    I sent a request!
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    43 pounds in 86 days is amazing. You will have stalls and after a loss like that your body is just catching up. Hang in there and keep it up. Let me know if I can be of help man.
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    DerekG79 wrote: »
    43 pounds in 86 days is amazing. You will have stalls and after a loss like that your body is just catching up. Hang in there and keep it up. Let me know if I can be of help man.

Thank you, I had a feeling it was just my body slowly adjusting to the changes.

• tdhdee
    tdhdee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Incredible weight loss story there! Good for you!! Like everyone else is pointing out, it's probably your body just catching up. Are you also exercising? Always open to new friends. Helps to keep us accountable! :D
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    dwozniak16 wrote: »

But you should, especially as the standard loss is 1-2lbs a week. You should consider doing some resistance training to help protect the rate of musccle loss as thats much harder to regain.
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    dwozniak16 wrote: »

But you should, especially as the standard loss is 1-2lbs a week. You should consider doing some resistance training to help protect the rate of musccle loss as thats much harder to regain.

I've been doing a lot of strength training to help maintain whatever muscle I do have.
    Not really trying to bulk up or anything at the moment, looking to get to a comfortable weight before I start eating to build muscle.

Also, a big thank you to everyone who has sent me a friend request, and accepted my requests. I've felt so motivated from your words on encouragement on my status posts and weigh ins. It's really making a world of difference, and it's a great confidence boost! Down 3.8 from last week!

I also want to thank all my new friends for the birthday messages today.
    Means a lot to me :)
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am always looking for motivation.
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am always looking for motivation.

FR sent :)