Not recording all my binge food

Options

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Oreo cookies (dipped in cold milk), Mike Sells or Pringles potato chips dipped in cottage cheese, chocolate, yeast rolls, homemade chocolate chip cookies- all of these trigger binges. I think potato chips are probably the worst because you think you will only eat a couple and then you've eaten 15 or 20 or more without counting, without weighing or measuring. So I don't buy them. I can easily eat 2/3 of a can of Pringles without realizing it.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough - sunflower seeds for me! I like the hint of recording what you eat before you eat it - I will try that for sure! Good luck everyone
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    lsgibbs83 wrote: »
    There are certain foods that I know will trigger a binge. I refuse to bring them into the house. If they are not at hand, I cannot binge.

22975671.png

Yup. :( For me, it's really any kind of chips or cheese curls, but ESPECIALLY Salt & Vinegar chips. Chips are the worst, too, because a serving is like 12!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I log everything. My foods I can quickly overeat: cheese, pizza, beer, any nut butter, and ice cream. I have gotten to the point now that I know I need to measure all this stuff out because 1ounce of cheese is not half the block. (I don't know why, that would make life so much easier.) I don't really binge on the stuff anymore because I have become more conscious that it is an easy to overindulge food more me.
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have one cheat meal a week. usually a burger, some asian noodles, a sandwich or something like that and on this day i simply eat 500cals less (on a bulk that is). even if the meal is 700 i don't go over my goal to much and since i'm working out every day it does not make a real difference. On the other 6 days i eat very clean and never overeat. (sometimes i get like 5 grams of fat less and i eat a few grams of carbs more but that is better than eating 5 gummi bears and 3 peanuts to fit it perfectly into your macros lol)
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Log everything. By not logging accurately, who are you lying to? Certainly not your body!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    funchords wrote: »
    Log everything. By not logging accurately, who are you lying to? Certainly not your body!

This is SO true!

I had been "sneaking" peanut butter by the spoonful and not recording it, by justifying that because I walk about 4 miles per day, the calories didn't really count. My boyfriend opened the jar and just about fell over because half was gone and he had only opened it 3 days prior. He figured out that I had eaten probably 1.5 cups of peanut buttter in those 3 days! :o:o

Needless to say, the shame and embarrassment has caused me to stop cold turkey. Plus, I am on a cutting plan right now and trying to lean out. That much PB doesn't fit into my diet at the moment.

• maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i didnt record my toasted pumpkin seed binge this past weekend. i tried to look up how many calories they were and because the results were all over the place...i just skipped it and pigged out. :(
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I live with a friend and we're both working on our weight. She's lost a ton. I just started.

She has this ritual where if we plan all of our meals for the week, prepare them, eat them, and the fridge is empty on Saturday night, we win! Which, really, we do, because doing that week-in and week-out is a pretty great accomplishment. Except winning, for her, equals ordering pizza. And of course, I am SO on board in the moment. With my wits still about me, I always insist we make a salad to go with it (which I actually really enjoy as a combo), thinking somehow that will curb my appetite for cheese. But then the pizza comes, and she eats 2 pieces, and she's done. Whereas for me, there's now A LOT OF PIZZA on the table and I CAN'T STOP at 2 pieces.

I hate her will power. And I hate my will power for not telling her NO! No pizza! Because damn if I'm not just a fatty following her around waiting for her to suggest it every week.

I love this idea - I'm going to be trying this from Monday. I have a weekend away to get through first :s
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I live with a friend and we're both working on our weight. She's lost a ton. I just started.

She has this ritual where if we plan all of our meals for the week, prepare them, eat them, and the fridge is empty on Saturday night, we win! Which, really, we do, because doing that week-in and week-out is a pretty great accomplishment. Except winning, for her, equals ordering pizza. And of course, I am SO on board in the moment. With my wits still about me, I always insist we make a salad to go with it (which I actually really enjoy as a combo), thinking somehow that will curb my appetite for cheese. But then the pizza comes, and she eats 2 pieces, and she's done. Whereas for me, there's now A LOT OF PIZZA on the table and I CAN'T STOP at 2 pieces.

I hate her will power. And I hate my will power for not telling her NO! No pizza! Because damn if I'm not just a fatty following her around waiting for her to suggest it every week.

instead of ordering a whole pie, just order two slices, one for each and then you each have a salad on the side?
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    One thing I'm pretty good at is tracking even if it isn't pretty. Yesterday's foot long sub + 2 cookies ended up making the day fairly ugly, but I dutifully plugged them in anyway.

As for cheese.... I cannot keep cheddar in my house. Ever since I was a kid, I've had a problem with just steadily cutting off slices and snacking on them. I can usually keep my hands out of shredded cheese (usually), so that's the only form it can be in here.

God, I love cheese. <3
  • drlaugh4u
    Options
    Some of those restaurant salads are a worse choice than you think.
    I was back on the binge(cheese) yesterday
    Got an eye opener when I clicked complete entry and saw the potential weight gain in 5 weeks ...

HELLO.

its good to see the complete picture.

love and prayers

D.L.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    log those binges. I do, keeps me honest.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    for me it would be sushi however I have expensive tastes and won't just buy any sushi. I could easily spend 75 dollars on dinner and keep eating. I'm not really addicted to sugar and snacks, never have been. Also real crab mmm yummy.
    I'm a bit of a food snob.
  • vegasgyrl79971
    Options
    ZakiJaye wrote: »
    I log everything, I don't beat myself up about bad days and binges but am very aware of when the numbers on MFP go red and it motivates me to keep them green the next day. It has made me realise what my triggers are a lot more and I am looking for strategies to overcome them.

I log everything also and thats exactly what I do. I don't like seeing red so I use that as a tool to see when Ive gone off track. Im very competitive, even with myself so I am hard on myself in that respect.
  • drlaugh4u
    Options
    With exercise, I do the opposite. Since I find the exercise calories a bit on the high side, I don't use the total number calculated. Sometimes instead of recording an hour of cycling I might record say 30 minutes. As I have lost weight, I have found action not thought gets me into steady exercise.
  • thatsyum
    thatsyum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Log it all. One reason I would not log is if I didn't write it, it didn't happen. :o Now I recall everything I eat and log it. Then I am able to look back and see what things I need to keep in rotation and what I should use in moderation. I don't eliminate any foods since that is when I tend to over-indulge. Happy logging!
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling

I bought a food diary to help me log foods. I've tried a few diaries and found an easy one to use 'food diary and exercise log by dr Joseph Reece'. The calorie counting diaries was a bit tricky to work out when being out and about so I used this one to quickly log foods. It has motivational quotes at the top of each page which is fun and keeps you going But everyone has different uses :)

I find it helps me keep ontop of foods and I highlight junk food so I can flick through to see what I have eaten that's bad. The less highlighter I see, the better :)

Good luck!!!!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oreo ice cream sandwiches / cones... So bad! I also have a problem with cake - so I just don't buy that. But I do buy the Oreo ice cream lol. I guess because it's packaged into a portion size, so easy to log. I buy crisps and low calorie popcorn too, for the same reason - they come portion sized. It helps me control my cravings! Also finding something that will thoroughly fill you up, like Skinny Noodles helps my afternoon cravings the most.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Coke, all day every day. I've just stopped it dead now

I log mine too. Makes me not want to do it the next day