This may be a dumb question but.....

Options
mbailey423
mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
edited October 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I've found that at times during the day when I should be hungry I'm not, or when I should be eating a meal ( lunch expecially ) I just really don't want anything. It's not that I don't want to eat something healthy, it's just that I don't want anything. I'm not having any fatigue or energy loss, but sometimes this causes me to be well below my calorie goal for the day. Should I just eat something anyway? Is it ok to maybe have something later on in the evening say after dinner?

Any feedback would be great

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Maybe readjust when you eat your meals to when you're more hungry, if your schedule allows. There's no reason to follow any specific meal layout/timing if it doesn't work for you.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Stay within you calorie allotment, eating whenever it suits you, and it will make no difference to your fitness goals.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sometimes our bodies don't like our regimented schedules for meals, eat when you're hungry.
  • benbrizz
    benbrizz Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you're not hungry don't eat, especially if your energy levels are fine. There's nothing wrong with skipping a meal or two.
  • TrainerLB
    TrainerLB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would recommend having a small snack. The hormone that produces hunger cues (like grumbling tummy, or that gnawing feeling) isn't always up to snuff. However, skipping meals or going for long periods without eating will drop your blood sugar and start off a chain of hormonal reactions that you don't really want. Yes, listen to your body, but sometimes our bodies aren't doing their job properly and indicators might not be quite as obvious as fatigue or weakness.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. It's greatly appreciated. Maybe a lite meal mid day wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • vanessaendure
    Options
    I would agree with the other comments. Whenever we are starting a fitness goal and diet, it is often hard to reach the target calories IMO. It has many factors (size, height, bone mass). I suggest having protein at every meal (eggs, albacore tuna). You don't to go to the high calorie packaged foods either. My experience is to eat small meals more often, making sure your metabolism is rev'd up. As for the light meal mid day do what I do: green salad, with a little shredded carrot 1 oz, with 8 almonds and perhaps some tuna or boiled egg. It is important to have enough fiber in your diet too.
    :) Substitute - white potato for 'sweet potato' the value is that you are not loading your pancreas with the high sugar of white. Sweet potato is low carb and more sustaining.
    - You can bake this in the oven (cubed) with a little olive oil, onion flakes (optional) and lemon pepper. Wishing you all the best..hope this helps...