I'd rather sacrifice a perfect body for.....

Options
I'd honestly rather never achieve a "perfect" body than give up beer. Or bread. But mostly beer.

When it comes down to it, you only live once and I'd rather enjoy things I like (on occasion) and be happy than be fit and miserable! Do I want to look back on my life and be like, man, I used to look great (because lord knows I won't look great when I'm 70+ years old) or be like man, I enjoyed my life to the fullest? I just want to rant on how our country should stop being so obsessed with a being skinny and focus on being healthy while enjoying foods in moderation :)

How about you? What's something you'll NEVER give up, if anything?

Replies

• kerenelly
    kerenelly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm happiest when my body looks its best, and for me being at my healthiest comes part in parcel with that anyway!
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't want "a" perfect body, I want "my" perfect body!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Why not both? You don't have to give up anything to have a great body. You have to understand nutrition and your body's needs then learn to balance that.
  • clair3jane
    clair3jane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Beer for me too! I am Australian and after a very long day in the hot sun, there is absolutely nothing better than a cold beer... I believe there is an ad that sums it up--"a hard earned thirst deserves...". Just one will do for me, though. I'm aiming for moderation in everything I eat and drink in order to be be healthy for the rest of my life.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Why not both? You don't have to give up anything to have a great body. You have to understand nutrition and your body's needs then learn to balance that.

This...

I am working towards my ideal for me...but I am not giving up my chocolate or vodka or nights out with the girls...what would be the point of having my ideal body...so I can look at it at home and appreciate it?

or so I can go out with my friends and enjoy life knowing my knees won't be sore the next day or I will be limping due to my hip etc...

• wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have fought my weight my entire adult life in order to compete in an industry (I am a musician) that embraces beautiful, thin women. I retired from playing live music 6 years ago and decided to get a "real" job behind a desk. I ballooned up to 200lbs. I am down to 154, now and still have 20 lbs to go. I am doing it mainly for my health, but I totally understand what you mean. I'd rather NOT have my weight be the most important thing in the world. But I DO want to be strong and healthy.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    IP73r.gif

I had two double cheeseburgers for dinner tonight and a bunch of beers this weekend. Still on goal for my ideal level of fitness.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Will never be perfect here.
    Rarely drink anymore but have to have my chocolate fixes. LOL
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Because beer makes me bloated and makes me eat more which makes it extremely difficult to get a "perfect" body.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Do you have a goal? I am not aiming for perfection just healthier. I am not eliminating foods.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'd gladly give up anything, i enjoy the challenge of improving myself. it's really rewarding and feels so much better being fit. I don't think working out inhibits your ability to enjoy your life, i think it just inhibits your ability to watch tv.

If anything it greatly improves the quality of your life, being a little stronger or having a little more endurance benefits all aspects of your life, not to mention the stress obesity puts on your longterm health.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Enjoying food and a social life- good times with family and friends which frequently revolve around eating. I see a banging body as a side effect of getting healthy to have longer to spend with loved ones. So giving it up that social time would seem counter productive.
  • maccarossi1
    maccarossi1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll never give up beer, is amazing and so many craft beers still out there for me to try!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you OP. I'll keep a few extra 'cushions' (although I'm still way, way under the overweight limit) so I can eat even 100 more calories a day.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i don't like alcohol, but i do like to eat. That won't ever change.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Things I'll never give up?? Good beer, wine, Sunday brunch, mimosas at Sunday brunch, chocolate, occasional fast food, bacon, good beer, birthday cake, bacon, donuts, Diet Pepsi, and bacon.
    I guess I'll have to stay imperfect.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Things I'll never give up?? Good beer, wine, Sunday brunch, mimosas at Sunday brunch, chocolate, occasional fast food, bacon, good beer, birthday cake, bacon, donuts, Diet Pepsi, and bacon.
    I guess I'll have to stay imperfect.

Mmmmmimosas that all sounds good
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    kellyb28 wrote: »

Because beer makes me bloated and makes me eat more which makes it extremely difficult to get a "perfect" body.

That's part of learning balance. Bloat is temporary (and often relieved by drinking some water). You need to learn to have a beer or two and not give in to the temptation of eating more. Beer doesn't make you eat, your habit of eating when drinking makes you eat. Balance and improved eating habits. You can still have beer you just need to accept some personal responsibility when drinking.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    kellyb28 wrote: »
    I'd honestly rather never achieve a "perfect" body than give up beer. Or bread. But mostly beer.

When it comes down to it, you only live once and I'd rather enjoy things I like (on occasion) and be happy than be fit and miserable! Do I want to look back on my life and be like, man, I used to look great (because lord knows I won't look great when I'm 70+ years old) or be like man, I enjoyed my life to the fullest? I just want to rant on how our country should stop being so obsessed with a being skinny and focus on being healthy while enjoying foods in moderation :)

What country are you from first?

Where I live in the midwest in the USA, we aren't focused on being "skinny". We enjoy are life, work hard, play hard mentality.