Vegetarian/Vegan Meals To-Go

Options
So, I am thinking of trying the Eat to Live diet. It is essentially a vegan diet. However, I am out all of the time. What are some meals to cook at the beginning of the week (or even the night before) that I can bring with me while on-the-go?

Replies

• Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up a bunch of produce at the beginning of the week so I can just throw together a container of salads or fruits. I also like to make huge crockpots of food, and then freeze small portions. Vegetarian/vegan chili is a favorite, and tofu tikka masala is yummy (although takes a couple of hours to prepare). Whole fruits such as bananas and apples are a bonus snack.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the diet calls for, but I like to make batch of starches/proteins - oats, rice, beans, etc, in the beginning of the week, portions them out, and then eat them however I like later on - on a salad, cold, hot, as tacos, made into a burger, etc.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually make a lentil or quinoa salad (cook 1 cup lentils or quinoa + chopped veggies + olive oil) that lasts me the entire week for lunch. Vegan chilli is another good option because you can freeze/re-heat as you wish.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Cori_Mac wrote: »
    I like to chop up a bunch of produce at the beginning of the week so I can just throw together a container of salads or fruits. I also like to make huge crockpots of food, and then freeze small portions. Vegetarian/vegan chili is a favorite, and tofu tikka masala is yummy (although takes a couple of hours to prepare). Whole fruits such as bananas and apples are a bonus snack.

Ooh, do you have a recipe for the tofu tikka? I try to avoid tofu for the most part but that sounds so good.

I'm a vegetarian, not vegan. I make a lot of big batch soups/stews or chilis that include beans or lentils for protein. That way, when the men in my household are having meat meals that I don't eat, I can just pull a portion of my stuff out of the freezer. I also keep a homemade veggie pasta sauce on hand for pasta dinners. I do a prep of veggies and hard boiled eggs every weekend so I can always grab a mixture of those, along with a high protein pita with hummus, as a quick lunch.
  • ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Marinated tofu in a low carb wrap with some romaine and teriyaki or other sauce
    Pre-made pasta
    Veggie chili (with soy crumbles if you're a protein person)
    Bean salad and tortilla chips
    Cous cous with cucumber/tomato/basil/olive oil
    Soy meatballs in gravy/sauce
    PBJ or Almond butter/banana sandwich
    Salads in mason jars ala pinterest
    Black beans and rice

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Chili, soups, salads, pasta, sandwiches, roasted veggies... You name it, it can be made portable.

http://amysnutritariankitchen.blogspot.com/p/my-recipes.html

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    a bag of carrots.