Newbie - Had weight loss surgery but struggling

Options
Hello all, I have heard great things about MFP so I am going to add it to my plan to lose the rest of my weight.
I had weight loss surgery many years ago and I have lost over 200 lbs. I am really struggling to lose the last 60 or so pounds.
It is very easy to slide back into old habits and even though I can not have the qty I once could, I can still make the wrong choices on eating, drinking and exercise. Soooo.... I need to be accountable and stop isolating myself as it is not helping me achieve my goal.
Happy to be here. Lisa

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    welcome lisa, this is certainly the place to help you be accountable. and i think its great that you recognise that old habits can easily creap back. i hope you do realy well here x
  • ashwarren21
    ashwarren21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I see you all the time on OH. Welcome to MFP!
  • muddmorris
    muddmorris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lisa, glad to have you here! I'll be glad to support you in anyway I can! We're all after the same goal: weight loss/being healthy. I've got 132 pounds I'm trying to lose. Before I found MyFitnessPal, I was contemplating weight loss surgery myself. I've decided to go at it the old fashioned way one more time. So much of weight loss depends on changing habits and feeling emotionally/mentally fed. We can do this!!!
  • lisa_love
    lisa_love Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks Whiskey 9890, I think this is a great place for me!
  • lisa_love
    Options
    Hi Ashwarren, thanks for the kind welcome!
  • lisa_love
    Options
    Muddmorris, thank you for the support and you are so right about the changing of habits and being good to ourselves.
    I have been doing a little too much beating on myself for it all and I am working very hard to change that.
  • amosaliyyah
    Options
    Hey Lisa

How are you doing? My is April and I had the band put on back in 2009 and just this past 6 mth i put on 20 pounds and I wasnt where I wanted to be. I changed some old bad habits and letting go of anything that isn't trying to help me reach my goal. It is important that you have a good support system in place.
  • lisa_love
    Options
    Hi April, nice to meet you. Sorry you had regain too. I like the idea of 'letting go of anything that doesn't help you' well said!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you chose a great site for health and weight loss. Lots of great people to give thier support.
  • lisa_love
    Options
    Thank you very much Deb. I am really happy to be here.
  • captmarko
    captmarko Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa and welcome to MFP. I have found it very helpful in my journey to better health. Knowledge is power and I have learned a lot about the wrong foods and I am sure you will as well. Good luck and keep posting.
  • lisa_love
    Options
    Thanks Captmarko, I have been learning a lot already about little things I could eliminate from my diet that are standing in the way of my weight loss, you know...the sneaky stuff you don't really notice most of the time!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa....I, too, had WLS and working very hard to get this weight off. The surgery only limits our food intake but we still have to make good choices. MFP is great as it puts everything right in front of you as far as nutritional intake but most important, it gives you friends and support. Feel free to friend me if you would like. We are all in this together!!!!!

Pam