Tummy tuck?

Options
lizchic82
lizchic82 Posts: 46 Member
Hi every one, just wondering, are there any peeps on here from the UK that have had a tummy tuck?

I have a lot of loose skin and flab which never disappears, and hangs over my pubic line, which I hate. The only thing that could get rid is a TT, and I have just begun to consider it as a real possibility. But would love some advice from those who have experience.

Thank you.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    The person in the link below isn't in England, but the results are wonderful and I thought it was worthwhile sharing the post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1408780-finally-got-my-tummy-tuck-and-arm-lift?hl=tuck&page=1
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

It says on your profile that you'd like to lose 27lbs, is that still the case? If so, you shouldn't even be thinking about cosmetic surgery!

We don't know anything about your height or weight, how much exercise you do, how many calories a day you eat etc... what makes you think you won't get rid of it through diet and exercise? xx
  • lizchic82
    Options
    Because I used to be ( until a year ago) 2 stone lighter than I am now, and I have never been able to get rid of the 'apron' the loose skin and bagginess that is left over from being 2 stone heavier previously and a pregnancy and a c section. I lift weights, I run, I have tried everything, but nothing will get rid of that pouch except cutting it off. I am after advice from people who have had it, or seriously considered it.
  • lizchic82
    Options
    The person in the link below isn't in England, but the results are wonderful and I thought it was worthwhile sharing the post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1408780-finally-got-my-tummy-tuck-and-arm-lift?hl=tuck&page=1

Thank you x
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree MyMalfuntion7 (link was given above) is so very nice and even posted pictures showing her TT and Arms, her surgery is real recent so you can see what it looks like now. She is in the United States though.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am post op day # day 11. I am not from the UK but I can help you with any questions you may have. Have a good one!
  • lizchic82
    Options
    I am post op day # day 11. I am not from the UK but I can help you with any questions you may have. Have a good one!

Hi Kempossible, sorry only just back on here. I have 14lbs til I am back at goal weight. I have seen two different surgeons so far and not 100% sure if I'll go with either of them yet. Can you let me know how you are doing? I hope it all went well, I am guessing its 16-20 weeks since yours now, so you should be back to normal pretty much??!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I heard a surgeon from the NYU medical center describe the plastics need of significant losers, as needing a "skin tailor". The skin suit no longer fits the new body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKDteQ3FIQ

A surgery my health care provider may cover is something called a panniculectomy but I'm not interested so far. The loose skin is something I am tolerating well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!