Beauty Stuff and Tips

Options
Beckilovespizza
Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
edited October 2014 in Chit-Chat
Hi Guys & Gals,

As a total vanity queen, i was wondering if you had any nice beauty tips or products to share? Personally i cannot be without my Clarisonic, Revitalash, Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep, beloved Bio-oil and as much water as i can handle!

Any other good products or tips worth trying out there?

Replies

• HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Vinegar (apple cidar or white) is great for clearing up acne. Several years ago I started using it as a toner after washing my face at night and my acne disappeared! I still use it frequently just because it's good for skin. It stinks but it's worth it.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    After spending buckets on high end makeup over the years I will now only use Maybelline Great Lash mascara. I've never found one, no matter the price, that works better. Also, I've tried a million drug store brands of mineral foundation and none of them are as soft and pretty as Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation, so I happily spend the extra $$ on that. Lasts forever too.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    ACV and coconut oil - you can use them both for almost everything.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm currently loving this product:

saryna-key-damage-repair-pure-african-shea-oil-3-7-oz-204.gif

It's like Moroccan oil...but better. And it smells yummy too.

Just bought their deep conditioning mask yesterday so I'll find out if it's the entire line or just the oil that I like.

• staceybradleywells
    staceybradleywells Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    * Homemade body scrub olive oil & brown sugar.
    * Coconut oil as a cleanser, moisturiser, remove make up, hair mask, body lotion, lip balm, massage lotion I love coconut oil
    * Olive oil as a bath oil
    * Tea tree oil for acne
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    engodwin wrote: »
    ACV and coconut oil - you can use them both for almost everything.

LOVE MY COCONUT OIL! ! Removes make up, got rid of my mad wrinkle, & has 100's of other uses. Helps skin regain elasticity as we loose so we dont get loose skin. How about whiten and strengthen teeth? So much more!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Makeup in general, really nice perfume ( not the cheap *kitten*) right now I am using pulse from beyonce, coconut oil spray from watkins, hair dye, down under naturals for my hair and any good anti frizz syrum, bubble bath, exercise, water and vitamin A cream for my face.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    grandpa's pine tar soap cures psoriasis. I don't have psoriasis but I like the soap. smells like a log cabin that was burned to the ground, turned into a parking lot, and burned again, but it works. you get used to the woodsmoke smell.

and witch hazel as a toner.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    All about that coconut oil! You really can do everything with it.

Another GREAT drugstore mascara is Maybelline's "the rocket" the waterproof one is the only mascara I've found that will hold my curl! It's a godsend for me :).

If you have oily skin, Neutrogena's rice protein shine control powder is the bomb.com. I use it on top of bb creams and my skin will be shine free for hours.

and fish oil pills for your hair, skin, and nails! After forgetting to take it for a couple months, I can really tell what a difference it makes for me! My nails don't peel, my hair isn't as brittle, and my skin doesn't break out as much!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    mank32 wrote: »
    grandpa's pine tar soap cures psoriasis. I don't have psoriasis but I like the soap. smells like a log cabin that was burned to the ground, turned into a parking lot, and burned again, but it works. you get used to the woodsmoke smell.

I don't know how you can stand the pine tar soap when you don't even really need it! My dermatologist had me using one on my face for rosacea and I threw up every time I had to wash my face!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Love my clarisonic as well, currently obsssed with Hourglass highlighters and Dr Perricone skin care.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    After spending buckets on high end makeup over the years I will now only use Maybelline Great Lash mascara. I've never found one, no matter the price, that works better. Also, I've tried a million drug store brands of mineral foundation and none of them are as soft and pretty as Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation, so I happily spend the extra $$ on that. Lasts forever too.
    For me, my mascera of choice is NYC City Curls and Bare Minerals Lash Domination. One coat of each and my lashes look like I spend big bucks on fiber mascara , without spending more than $20. I love any kind of Bare Essentials makeup. Won't use any other foundation now.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    For me, my mascera of choice is NYC City Curls and Bare Minerals Lash Domination. One coat of each and my lashes look like I spend big bucks on fiber mascara , without spending more than $20. I love any kind of Bare Essentials makeup. Won't use any other foundation now.

Also a Bare Minerals fan, can't use anything else as it all seems really heavy in comparison to BM!!

Thanks for your input guys! Looks like I'm off to buy some coconut oil!! :smiley:
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    I have used these two products for many, many years. No expensive facial cleansers and moisturizers for this girl! As most have always made my sensitive skin break out. At 50, I think my skin is looking pretty darn good! :)

GNW7175.zoom.a.jpg
    619VbhndOiL._SX355_.jpg
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm a big skin care fanatic these days,

http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/burt-s-bees-facial-cleanser-radiance-6-oz/-/A-11235885

http://www.sephora.com/rose-face-mask-P12336?icid2=homepage_editorspicks_101414_carousel_P12336_image

I wash my face 2x a day with that cleaner it really makes me glow. Use the mask once every week and it really made my skin practically flawless. I hardily have to wear makeup. I even grew up acne so I had tons of marks/unevenness.

Make up stuff--
    Mac will always be my go to when I wear make up. Tried tons and never been happier since I gave in and decided to use it. I have combination skin so half the time other make ups were causing a mess or looked bad. I never even feel like I'm wearing make up with Mac. The mascara "False lashes extreme black" is 100% perfect. I also never wore eye shadow since it would end up in my crease and terrible mid day; Mac's colour pods last forever (takes an act of god to even get it off when I go to bed lol).
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Blotting pads are amazing, and really help get rid of excess oil.
    I also use aloe vera on my body, it helps my skin remain nice and soft.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My holy grail item is coconut oil. Great for hair and your skin, and even for removing teeth stains and whitening.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I love cocoa butter and have been using it for years. For the hair I've just started using argan oil and I think I'll stick to it. I use the kind that's a leave in conditioner.

I also use a witch hazel facial cleanser. I had the pure witch hazel toner before but I think it dried out my skin too much.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Even though it works really well for me, Proactiv bleached my eyebrows a little bit. It looked like they had highlights. So, buyer beware.

Mascara - I liked MAC Haute & Naughty for $22 but then found Loreal Power Volume for $8 and it's my favorite.

Lips - straight vaseline most days.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    mank32 wrote: »

I don't know how you can stand the pine tar soap when you don't even really need it! My dermatologist had me using one on my face for rosacea and I threw up every time I had to wash my face!

after 3-4 days of consistent use I don't mind the smell anymore. I am trying it lately to see if it helps my acne. my skin feels awesome after I use it. similar to the feeling I get after using salicylic acid acne tx only not as burned.